n3ophyte

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Nissan GT-R
Country flag
Finally managed to source and fit a set of 22” Rotiform FRA wheels for my Turbo S. These are a staggered width fitment (12” rears and 10” fronts) riding on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S rubber (335/25R22 rears 285/30R22 fronts). Ride comfort is fine in all suspension settings but I may drop pressures from the current 41 psi to around 34.

Finding quality TPMS sensors that talk to the car is proving troublesome. I was mis-sold a set of Huf Baolong RDE048v21 sensors by an unrelated supplier which are incompatible with the Taycan so I’m waiting for the RDE047v21 variants to be fitted. Hopefully they’ll speak Taycan 🙄

Big shout out to Plush Automotive here in the UK for sourcing the wheels from the US and managing the process.

Porsche Taycan One step closer to that Mission E Concept look IMG_1440

Porsche Taycan One step closer to that Mission E Concept look IMG_1443

Porsche Taycan One step closer to that Mission E Concept look IMG_1439

Last edited:

SilverSpecter

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Those Rotiform FRA wheels look awesome on your Turbo S! Style Adaptation: That's a real bummer about the TPMS sensor mix-up, man. But hey, fingers crossed that those RDE047v21 variants will do the trick and sync up perfectly with your Taycan. Gotta give props to Plush Automotive for coming through and hooking you up with them wheels all the way from stateside! They seem like they know their stuff.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I went with RDE047-PORSCHE-UVC from Tpmsdirect.com (link). They speak Taycan (or my car understood what they’re saying), but ~6 months later the car showed a notification that the battery level of the rear sensors was low. For what it’s worth, I never had an issue with the sensors on my ~10 year old Macan, which has been in my possession for the past 6. Hard to say if the Taycan is more sensitive, or the Bao Huf sensors just aren’t as good as the OE.

OP
OP
n3ophyte

n3ophyte

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hard to say if the Taycan is more sensitive, or the Bao Huf sensors just aren’t as good as the OE.
Hmm, I bought Huf Baolong Intellisens as they are the OEM supplier of TPMS sensors to Porsche. I could have used Autel MX-Sensors and programmed them myself but decided not to:confused:

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
those look amazing but those white barrels look impossible to keep clean!
A ceramic coating would keep those wheels easy to clean and looking gorgeous for years and years!

Nice choice @n3ophyte

Brombaer1971

First Name
Matthias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan and several other cars
Country flag
I like the look even though white is not my Color. May I ask about complete wheel weight ? Comparison to a 21“ ?

Last edited:

OP
OP
n3ophyte

n3ophyte

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like the look Even thought white is not my Color. May I ask about complete wheel weight ? Comparison to a 21“ ?
The 12” Rotiform rears weigh 36.35 lbs and the 10” fronts weigh 33.48 lbs.

I’m afraid I can’t find any published information on the weight of the 21” Mission E Design wheels. I don’t have any scales to measure my originals either.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Finally managed to source and fit a set of 22” Rotiform FRA wheels for my Turbo S. These are a staggered width fitment (12” rears and 10” fronts) riding on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S rubber (335/25R22 rears 285/30R22 fronts). Ride comfort is fine in all suspension settings but I may drop pressures from the current 41 psi to around 34.

Finding quality TPMS sensors that talk to the car is proving troublesome. I was mis-sold a set of Huf Baolong RDE048v21 sensors by an unrelated supplier which are incompatible with the Taycan so I’m waiting for the RDE047v21 variants to be fitted. Hopefully they’ll speak Taycan 🙄

Big shout out to Plush Automotive here in the UK for sourcing the wheels from the US and managing the process.

IMG_1440.jpeg

IMG_1443.jpeg
Haters gonna hate
Porsche Taycan One step closer to that Mission E Concept look 3C89A321-D3E1-463C-BE78-123AB9F1775D

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Hmm, I bought Huf Baolong Intellisens as they are the OEM supplier of TPMS sensors to Porsche. I could have used Autel MX-Sensors and programmed them myself but decided not to:confused:
Yeah, I bought them precisely because they're supposed to be OEM.

But all was mooted this morning, because my rear factory wheels threw the same notifications. (shrug)

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
I don’t have any scales to measure my originals either.
Do the poor man's measurement. Stand on a bathroom scale alone, then holding a wheel, subtract the two and the difference is your wheel weight.

Don't feel obligated to disclose your own weight 😁

OP
OP
n3ophyte

n3ophyte

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do the poor man's measurement. Stand on a bathroom scale alone, then holding a wheel, subtract the two and the difference is your wheel weight.
I would if I actually cared what the OEM wheels weighed. But I don’t!:CWL: