Shindoman

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Pilot Sport all seasons are great. Very good grip in all conditions. The grip won’t be as good as the summer performance Pilot Sports (4S or Cup 2), but I feel it’s the best tire for my year round driving, without having to swap them during seasonal changes.

I have the OEM Pirelli P-Zeros available if anyone wants them. They are brand new with less than 100 miles on them. I’m in Greenwich, CT if anyone is interested in picking them up.

Here’s a video of the animation of the clear side markers. Instead of a standard blink, the light travels left to right (opposite on the passenger side of the car). No warning lights and fitment is good. Subtle mod, but I like it.

where did you buy the side marker lights? Any recoding needed?
car looks fantastic!

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 720s, Porsche 993, Alpina Z8, Ferrari 328,
Country flag

Shindoman

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't think OP cares about the cost lol
Absolutely not the case. 👆🏼 I would never want to cause any damage to my car, and have an expensive repair bill on my hands.

Again, I’m no stranger to lowered cars, and my newly lowered Taycan is honestly not even all that low. It’s certainly not lower than my 720s! I find myself mostly driving in the Lowered mode, which is roughly equivalent to the OEM Low mode ride height. I use the new Low mode for parking the car or driving through nice, smooth backcountry roads….which are actually rather plentiful here in Greenwich, CT.

So far so good with the lowered ride height. 👍🏼

D2G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve had the car for a little over a month and so far I’ve installed FVD lowering links to drop the car about 13mm, I installed 12mm (front) and 10mm (rear) spacers, changed the tires to Michelin Pilot Sport All Season (315/30-21 in the rear), changed the side marker lights to clear with animation, and had the full car PPF’d with Xpel 8mm with ceramic coating.

I also installed the Nine-Volt wireless charger, and a mirror tap for my radar detector.

550 miles on the odometer, and love the car so far! Not worrying about resale value just yet!

IMG_2733.jpeg
IMG_2734.jpeg
IMG_2736.jpeg
IMG_2737.jpeg
IMG_2738.jpeg
Beautiful setup, thanks for sharing!

Couple questions, where did you pick up the 12mm (front) and 10mm (rear) spacers? With that setup any issues with lots of stone scratches and paint chips from the tires throwing up road debris? Spaced wheels definitely throw up a lot more road debris, but I would like to do something similar to yours. My GTS ST also has full PPF/STEK. Thanks!

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Couple questions, where did you pick up the 12mm (front) and 10mm (rear) spacers? With that setup any issues with lots of stone scratches and paint chips from the tires throwing up road debris? Spaced wheels definitely throw up a lot more road debris, but I would like to do something similar to yours. My GTS ST also has full PPF/STEK. Thanks!
Thanks! I am very happy with the way the car looks and drives.

I got my spacers from 4wheelspacers.com. They ship out pretty quickly.

No issues with stone chips. The tires do not stick out beyond the fenders. My car is fully PPF’d as well, but I have not noticed any additional debris coming up from the widened stance.

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Did you change the color of your GTS? Let’s see some pics.

I was considering going with the new Xpel color change PPF in British Racing Green, but I chickened out and went with clear 8 mil Xpel.

D2G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks! I am very happy with the way the car looks and drives.

I got my spacers from 4wheelspacers.com. They ship out pretty quickly.

No issues with stone chips. The tires do not stick out beyond the fenders. My car is fully PPF’d as well, but I have not noticed any additional debris coming up from the widened stance.
Great to hear, thank you! Will likely order that spacer setup.

Looks like these were the pairs you purchased, right?

Front: https://4wheelspacers.com/shop/porsche/12mm-hub-centric-wheel-spacers-bolt-kit/
Rear: https://4wheelspacers.com/shop/porsche/10mm-hub-centric-wheel-spacers-bolt-kit/

Did you change the color of your GTS? Let’s see some pics.

I was considering going with the new Xpel color change PPF in British Racing Green, but I chickened out and went with clear 8 mil Xpel.
Yes, I did! I will have to post pictures. I went with STEK DYNOprism over Neptune Blue and it is incredible (makes more flakier metallic and more purple on the body lines). That film also adds a ton more gloss too, topped with Gyeon ceramic coating.

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great to hear, thank you! Will likely order that spacer setup.

Looks like these were the pairs you purchased, right?

Front: https://4wheelspacers.com/shop/porsche/12mm-hub-centric-wheel-spacers-bolt-kit/
Rear: https://4wheelspacers.com/shop/porsche/10mm-hub-centric-wheel-spacers-bolt-kit/

Yes, I did! I will have to post pictures. I went with STEK DYNOprism over Neptune Blue and it is incredible (makes more flakier metallic and more purple on the body lines). That film also adds a ton more gloss too, topped with Gyeon ceramic coating.
Wow, can’t wait to see your photos! I love the stock Neptune Blue. I was actually looking for a Neptune ST GTS, but couldn’t find one with the right options.

Did you wrap all the door jambs, etc. If you don’t mind, can you share the cost the Stek install?

I am thinking of either wrapping these pieces that I’m showing with the arrows in a carbon fiber looking vinyl, or I may paint those pieces in a charcoal grey paint. I just want some contrast and want to get rid of the plastic look.

Do you think the Stek vinyl will stick to those plastic pieces? They may need to be sanded smooth in order for the vinyl to stick, but if I’m going to do that, I may as well paint the pieces.

Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_2690
Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_2691

D2G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow, can’t wait to see your photos! I love the stock Neptune Blue. I was actually looking for a Neptune ST GTS, but couldn’t find one with the right options.

Did you wrap all the door jambs, etc. If you don’t mind, can you share the cost the Stek install?

I am thinking of either wrapping these pieces that I’m showing with the arrows in a carbon fiber looking vinyl, or I may paint those pieces in a charcoal grey paint. I just want some contrast and want to get rid of the plastic look.

Do you think the Stek vinyl will stick to those plastic pieces? They may need to be sanded smooth in order for the vinyl to stick, but if I’m going to do that, I may as well paint the pieces.

IMG_2690.png
IMG_2691.png
Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG-2836
Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG-2837
Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG-2838

I did not wrap the door jambs, not noticeable for me versus the level of effort and cost. STEK DYNOprism film and install was $7000.

Regarding the red arrows you pointed out, I have the carbon fiber packages on my GTS ST so these areas with carbon fiber are wrapped with clear gloss STEK DYNOshield. But STEK will not stick to those other plastic pieces. They are Gyeon ceramic coated.

Last edited:

D2G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vehicles
Country flag
Also, do you have rear axle steering on your Taycan, Polar993? Any issues with the rear spacers and rear axle steering?

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did not wrap the door jambs, not noticeable for me versus the level of effort and cost. STEK DYNOprism film and install was $7000.

Regarding the red arrows you pointed out, I have the carbon fiber packages on my GTS ST so these areas with carbon fiber are wrapped with clear gloss STEK DYNOshield. But STEK will not stick to those other plastic pieces. They are Gyeon ceramic coated.
Wow, that looks pretty cool! Definitely unique and eye catching.

$7k is what I paid for my Xpel 8mil PPF, so your install sounds about right in terms of cost.

I wish my GTS had the carbon aero kit. Yours looks great. So you don’t think Stek or any other PPF or vinyl product will stick to the plastic?

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also, do you have rear axle steering on your Taycan, Polar993? Any issues with the rear spacers and rear axle steering?
My spec does not have rear wheel steering.
Sponsored