Best adapter for charging at Tesla chargers?

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Any particular recommendations for the adapter to allow Taycan to change at Tesla (not supercharger) charging facilities?

Post links of ones that you like and work well.
The TeslaTap Mini is a must have for me. For road trips the Tesla destination chargers are almost always working, the various J-1772 offerings not so much. I previously had a Tesla and had installed the Tesla EVSE. I use the TeslaTap every time I charge the Taycan at home. Works perfectly. I use it on the road often and it saved me from having to change my EVSE. Your use case might differ.
Sponsored

Last edited:

beefster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Another use case for the TeslaTap is combining it with the Tesla Mobile Connector kit for primary mobile charging since the TMC has more adapters available than the J1772 mobile charge kits. The J1772 kits can be had with RV (14-50) and standard outlet (5-15) but the TMC can also be had with a dryer plug (14-30), welder (6-50), 120V campground (TT-30, aftermarket), among more. No, these extra adapters aren't absolutely needed but I have used the TT-30 and 14-30 on the road many times. It helps that the TMC is much smaller/lighter than the Porsche mobile kit and fits neatly at the bottom of the frunk.