First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Morning,

Does anybody use their Taycan for transporting bikes (MTB and Road). Are the only options through Porsche?

Thanks

Mike
Sponsored

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Hi. My Taycan hasn't arrived yet and this is a factor I had to take into account as I do a lot if road cycling. I've measured my Bianchi and with the front wheel off and the rear seats down it will fit in. The narrowest gap in the boot behind the seats looks to be around 84cm across. Base of my big ring to the top of the saddle is 82cm. Tight but should fit. Nice guy at Porsche Newcastle let me measure it.

I'll go with that rather than a rack for now. We'll when it arrives next February. Design911 have a Taycan roof rack in stock for around £500 I think. Might be worth having a look at theirs? Cheers. Wayne.

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
I’m transporting my CX bike in the trunk. Have separate bags for each wheel and the frame. Removes the pedals. If I keep the seat and handle bars on, I need to lay down the back seats. If I remove them, it fits with the back seats upraised. It takes a few minutts to deassemble and assemble, but I don’t care., because I like the look without?
BTW my Taycan 4S does not have a glass roof?

jwvbeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
I'm transporting my mountainbike (carbon + full suspension frame) on a Thule Topride bike carrier with the Porsche roofrails. On the Thule Topride carrier the bike is secured with the front axle. It takes about 5 - 10 minutes to get the roof rack and bike carrier in place. Feels secure also on highway driving, very happy with it.

OP
OP

Weston

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks all very helpful comments

jwv I think I’ll be doing something similar to what you do.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Morning,

Does anybody use their Taycan for transporting bikes (MTB and Road). Are the only options through Porsche?

Thanks

Mike
You can now (finally) get Thule Aero Bars (better looking than the Porsche ones even thought they're the same manufacturer). Go to the Thule web site and use their configurator. Note that you need the pano roof for any bars / rails to ensure you have the mounting points otherwise no dice. There are other options - suckers on the roof (search the forum) but I have no experience of these but read some positive comments.

DST

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I use the suction one from Rockbros, seems to be fine though I have only done journeys up to 100 miles.
Sponsored