grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Well I have just received my Turbo S with the Burmester system. Concur with everyone about the quality which I love. I write and record a lot of my music and it is reproducing the tracks very accurately when compared with my studio. One thing though. The only setting to use is "Pure". Everything else plays havoc with definition and clarity. The 3D Surround makes my stuff sound like its been recorded in a toilet. Avoid.
Sponsored

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Were you using the premium or the HiFi version of Tidal. Separation and depth seem little different between Spotify and Tidal Premium.
Premium. What specifically do you see as the differences? I used Tidal and DrMare to rip a few thousand rock/jazz/classical tracks to a 2TB flash drive.

Roy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
Can someone confirm that Tidal works with Apple CarPlay? (through the USB-C cable)

And maybe also post a picture of how the Tidal app looks like when used in Apple CarPlay?

I currently have Spotify but am thinking about switching over to Tidal Hifi plan when my car arrives, so I get the best music quality on my Burmester speakers.
I have a turbo my2021 and Tidal works with carplay when you have the Tidal app on your phone. It works connected to wifi of the car.(wireless)
From playlists it play only the first 10 songs until the playlist is loaded into the memmory of the car. That can take more than 1 hr for long playlists. How long that takes is different every time.
I asked porsche but they did not know it only plays 10 tracks from each playlist until it is loaded.

JohnWeems

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Tidal HIFI is really worth trying, especially with the Sprint+Tidal plan. But the small flaw is that it doesn't allow users to offline listening on the computer. And I have to use an extra Tidal Downloader to download all my Tidal songs again. That's really confusing.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Hi, I just collected a CT4S with Burmeister system and I wondered how I could connect my DAC Dragonfly (cobalt) to the car ... I don't see the analog (AUX or jack) input ?

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
Hi, I just collected a CT4S with Burmeister system and I wondered how I could connect my DAC Dragonfly (cobalt) to the car ... I don't see the analog (AUX or jack) input ?
As far as I have found, there aren't any physical AUX/Jack-input. It's more and more common to remove Jack-input/output (like on the iPhone and iPad for instance), sadly enough. I do agree that at it should have been though, since many of us still needs this option. In the Taycan the line-in is USB only, but you may use a converter if needed for older input devices. Be aware of cheap converters, because many of them are fake and do not work on digital systems. On a Burmeister system I would definately have chosen a high-end solution, so you do not damage anything in your new Porsche. Good luck!

tez1

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
As far as I have found, there isn't any physical AUX/Jack input. It's more and more common to remove Jack-input/output (like on the iPhone and iPad for instance), sadly enough. I do agree that it should have been though since many of us still needs this option. In the Taycan the line-in is USB only, but you may use a converter if needed for older input devices. Be aware of cheap converters, because many of them are fake and do not work on digital systems. On a Burmeister system, I would definitely have chosen a high-end solution, so you do not damage anything in your new Porsche. Good luck!
What high-end solution would you recommend? Thanks.
Sponsored