Cool Porsche tech

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
But one must point out: "quantum computers" to drive a car? Come on, this is all just marketing.

If the established car industry would really want to push AI based self driving, they would come together and define interfaces for sensors (incl cameras) and actors (steering, acceleration, breaking, etc...) to be built into every car. Create a label and stick it on every new car sold something like "AI-Selfdrive-Ready"!

Then leave it to tech companies around the world to design, build and sell the AI unit, which fit into every car and can easily be replaced at any time like one buys a new laptop.

What happens instead? These big car companies cry (VW) like babies while watching the competition.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
They talked about quantum computers in the cloud. That’s reasonable speculation. Tesla (among others) made a huge leap in voice recognition when it put the analytics in the cloud. You can’t put a quantum computer in a car, but with cell links you can put the computing outside the car and when the number of autonomous cars increases, expensive centralized ‘traffic control’ computing seems likely.

I too heard no crying. But I didn’t hear anything about my Porsche either. Just a decent overview of some of possible next steps in autonomous driving. Not sure why the article is hear and not in a magazine at the supermarket.
Sponsored