Cowtownhusker

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4S CT, 2022 LR D110, 1989 LR D90
Country flag
I recently purchased a set of 21" RS Spyders and need to find some tires. I was hoping to use Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4: 255/40 R21 front (29" H) 295/35 R21 rear (29.1" H). They rears should be fine as they are close in tread width and diameter (28.7") to my 20s while providing a bit more sidewall for Columbus roads on 21" wheels. However, the front tread width is 1.6" wider, and I fear there may be clearance issues with cornering. I will try to look at clearance later tonight after work. In my opinion, 21" options which are NFO, especially all season, is quite poor, and I think having some extra sidewall may be beneficial. There is another post showing fitment of 315s on the back in this tire using the original diameter without issue. Anyone have any thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cowtownhusker

Cowtownhusker

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very tight clearance with 20" wheels/tires. I have ordered a used tire to check fit. Will keep people posted if interested

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Front tires clear and rears should not be an issue. Tires to be mounted Friday
I am waiting to need some new tires and will be replacing them with Michelin Pilot Sport S 5 which is a new oem fitment for the 2025 Panamera, ND0 designation. I only need summers and this is an exciting new tire that is replacing the Michelin PS4's. Sizing will be aggressive, but I expect that it will be OK. I wish you the best with the install and hope for the best with mine at some point in the near future.

I currently have 15mm spacers on each OEM 21" wheel and it does look great with no rubbing issues. If needed, I will either remove or reduce the size of the spacers to accommodate this new tire fitment. The rolling diameter is within a margin of the OEM fitment and does not concern me.

Front:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...l=Blackwall&partnum=735YR1PSS5XLND0&tab=Sizes

Rear:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...ll=Blackwall&partnum=23YR1PSS5XLND0&tab=Sizes

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cowtownhusker

Cowtownhusker

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I installed the aforementioned Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4: 255/40 R21 front 295/35 R21 rear. They are so smooth and quiet! I had Pirelli Cinturato P7s on 20s and had 3 of 4 tires replaced under tire/warranty as they made thrumming noise at 60-75 mph. Tires were so loud, even at low speed. A whole new experience. No clearance issues. For those looking for 21" all season options, I wholly endorse this setup.
Porsche Taycan Different tire size for 21" wheel IMG_1248

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I am waiting to need some new tires and will be replacing them with Michelin Pilot Sport S 5 which is a new oem fitment for the 2025 Panamera, ND0 designation. I only need summers and this is an exciting new tire that is replacing the Michelin PS4's. Sizing will be aggressive, but I expect that it will be OK. I wish you the best with the install and hope for the best with mine at some point in the near future.

I currently have 15mm spacers on each OEM 21" wheel and it does look great with no rubbing issues. If needed, I will either remove or reduce the size of the spacers to accommodate this new tire fitment. The rolling diameter is within a margin of the OEM fitment and does not concern me.

Front:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...l=Blackwall&partnum=735YR1PSS5XLND0&tab=Sizes

Rear:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...ll=Blackwall&partnum=23YR1PSS5XLND0&tab=Sizes
I’ll be interested to hear if you lose a noticeable amount of range with the wider tyres.