Does 21 days on the production line sound too long?

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
probably put a 911 engine it by mistake and wasn't discovered until checkpoint 8.0
If you got the electric motors too, then I want it! Don’t care if it uses a bit of boot space up.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Thanks all. Maybe its been put to one side waiting for a part. Nothing to do but wait.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
at this stage - I'd take it if the back was blue and the front was red!
That’s not available until April next year. It’s called PTS-C (Paint To Sample - Compromise). It’s for when husband and wife cannot agree on the color, so wife picks front or back, the husband chooses the other. Supposed to be introduced with PTS-IFL (Paint To Sample - I Feel Lucky), which will paint your car to a PTS color that someone else is painting their car. Since they already have the paint shop setup for someone else, PTS-IFL will be 50% off standard PTS price. For an extra few bucks they will guarantee you won't share a color with someone else picking up at your dealership at the same time, and for double the price you can buy PTS with a guarantee that nobody will get your color via PTS-IFL in the same paint session.

Last edited:

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
13 days for mine that completed yesterday:

Porsche Taycan Does 21 days on the production line sound too long? 1681924493417

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag
I’ll take 21 days over what mines become. Originally it was supposed to come out in 12 days then it updated to this yesterday.

F4EA3CC8-AB7A-4D46-AE86-AD31B4BC7079.jpeg

I’m pretty sure it started production, I got one picture from the line around the 5th, it was the right color. I suspect it finished the line but is waiting for a part before they release it.
Apparently whatever was slowing production was cleared, I got a pleasant surprise this morning.

Porsche Taycan Does 21 days on the production line sound too long? F54E177F-BEC5-41A3-AA02-63AC976BDBE7

lwc1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Apparently whatever was slowing production was cleared, I got a pleasant surprise this morning.

F54E177F-BEC5-41A3-AA02-63AC976BDBE7.jpeg
I have a ct4 that started production on 3/31 but finished 4/6. Its at the port since 4/13 waiting for the boat.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
👍 to those who see advances in their schedule.

The question is whether everyone who overreacted to "4 months of delays" will finally accept that TYD dates were meaningless.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
No idea how many days. Was scheduled to enter production last Friday but today my SA told me it has been produced already and handed over to the transport company...

I want to believe Porsche paid the workers overtime to make mine during the weekend.

Imagine: "Guys, this weekend we'll be building Tony's Taycan!" 😁🤣😁

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Does 21 days on the production line sound too long? Just querying information I'm receiving.
No! Once the body is painted which takes less than 5 minutes the car is assembled in just under 6 hours.
I just left the factory three days ago and watched the whole build out / assembly process.
As to the having the car painted the wrong color there is no way based on the process / internal tracking each car has. It’s highly technical and sophisticated.
I would say your tracker is wrong. Mine was when I was tracking my car each day.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Thanks all. Maybe its been put to one side waiting for a part. Nothing to do but wait.
Nope that’s not the case, if all parts are not available your car will never enter the factory floor.
As per the factory tour once your car goes into painting it then completes the assembly process.
again I assure you it’s the tracker that’s wrong.

OP
OP

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Nope that’s not the case, if all parts are not available your car will never enter the factory floor.
As per the factory tour once your car goes into painting it then completes the assembly process.
again I assure you it’s the tracker that’s wrong.
Great, thank you. I have heard the car is complete... no idea when it went into production now and guess it doesn't matter. Just the docks/boats etc to all line up!
Sponsored