First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I live in London and am preparing to take delivery of my turbo s
The lift for my building's garage is a scary small tolerance (2.3m wide vs the taycan's 2.1m mirror width), so I was wondering if the taycan's camera's work at all with the mirrors folded (even if it's just front and back).

Definitely don't think park assist could navigate this, even if I trusted it to try.

Thanks!
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
The lift for my building's garage is a scary small tolerance (2.3m wide vs the taycan's 2.1m mirror width), so I was wondering if the taycan's camera's work at all with the mirrors folded (even if it's just front and back).

Definitely don't think park assist could navigate this, even if I trusted it to try.

Thanks!
All four cameras will continue to work – but the mirror camera's will be effectively useless due to them being folded up. Front and rear cameras not impacted.

I faced a similar scenario to you at a hotel in Frankfurt and it was fine.

Porsche Taycan Does 360 camera view work with mirrors folded IMG_0582

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
If i’m not going to forget, i’ll try tomorow.
Edit: @tigerbalm already answered, so i can forget :giggle:

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
There was a thread on this a while ago. As stated, the mirror cameras rotate when folded and become useless. I have posted a video of what happens on the other thread - if you can find it you will see. Moving forwards, it is very distorted and useless image. Moving backwards there is no image IIRC

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Thanks!
Only usable image will be from the front and rear camera.

With mirrors folded 1966mm width.

Line up with the side view to see the gap ahead on either side. Easy after that.

Porsche Taycan Does 360 camera view work with mirrors folded 20230102_194916

OP
OP

maximumpanda

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Some discussion of using garages with door frame widths of 217 & 218 cm-
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/minimum-sized-garage-for-a-taycan.9591/
Is your lift wide enough for you to exit the car?
In this lift you don't exit. You drive in, it takes you down, and then you drive straight out. Into the garage, which has a very large amount of maneuvering space.

I think with a ~ 35 cm buffer, I should be OK, now the concern is turning into the lift (it's on a small, very busy pedestrianized road in Central, and I'm going to look like a proper Muppet 10 point turning to get it exactly lined up with the lift.)

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
In this lift you don't exit. You drive in, it takes you down, and then you drive straight out. Into the garage, which has a very large amount of maneuvering space.

I think with a ~ 35 cm buffer, I should be OK, now the concern is turning into the lift (it's on a small, very busy pedestrianized road in Central, and I'm going to look like a proper Muppet 10 point turning to get it exactly lined up with the lift.)
Yep, the added distraction and pressure of having to consider pedestrians can't be fun. Though hopefully you'll find it doesn't take that much manoeuvring, even allowing for rear-steer making the reversing trajectory less predictable (at least for me, after 6 months it still doesn't feel intuitive when trying to get parallel in very tight situations).

(I guess your lift wouldn't prevent you getting out the car if one or the other of them stopped working.)
Sponsored