NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
FWIW, Volcano Gray is much more gray (lighter) than the online configurator makes it appear. Genetian Blue (my favorite) wasn't an option for MY 2020, and I was stuck between Dolomite Silver and Jet Black Metallic. I didn't want full black, and online the Volcano Gray looked to be just a tad brighter than Jet Black. It's still a beautiful car - but if you are thinking Volcano Gray based only on the online configurator, try to see the color live before finalizing.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Blaugrana

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes gle
Country flag
FWIW, Volcano Gray is much more gray (lighter) than the online configurator makes it appear. Genetian Blue (my favorite) wasn't an option for MY 2020, and I was stuck between Dolomite Silver and Jet Black Metallic. I didn't want full black, and online the Volcano Gray looked to be just a tad brighter than Jet Black. It's still a beautiful car - but if you are thinking Volcano Gray based only on the online configurator, try to see the color live before finalizing.
i changes my order from crayon to volcano! I preferred a light color for the taycan, but as crayon was too beige and the silver too light/blue, volcano is the best choice for me as I didn’t want all black.

gps217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I read somewhere that dolomite silver it's much more "forgettable" than any other color and I agree 100%. The volcano grey will be more work, but it is a much more visually striking vehicle. If you do opt for the dolomite silver, I recommend adding black accents when possible and the panoramic roof.

OP
OP

Blaugrana

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes gle
Country flag
More votes and opinions are welcome? :)

RobbieRed

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo
Country flag
I think dolomite is the “safest” colour of them all. Not too flashy and doesn’t need a lot of work like the other colours.
Which is why I chose it.
But lots of us don’t want to play it safe!
If I lived in a sunny country reckon I’d have mamba green or maybe Gentian blue as they both really pop in the sunshine.
Here’s mine that I got last Friday

Porsche Taycan Dolomite silver or Volcano? 9E2360BE-1361-486B-BEDE-F094D2DD5709

Porsche Taycan Dolomite silver or Volcano? 9EBBEF76-D65E-480D-9634-2C23BAC63A44

Porsche Taycan Dolomite silver or Volcano? A1727D5E-2909-4CA1-9775-6EF03F53EC2D

Porsche Taycan Dolomite silver or Volcano? 23204096-1060-47F3-B813-039CCF765F3E

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
i changes my order from crayon to volcano! I preferred a light color for the taycan, but as crayon was too beige and the silver too light/blue, volcano is the best choice for me as I didn’t want all black.
did you consider Ice Grey Metallic?

OP
OP

Blaugrana

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes gle
Country flag
I have a Volcano Grey with 20" Sport Aero Wheels and decided within 2 weeks of owning it that I made a mistake with the wheels and colour, so I ordered a Turbo S in Dolomite Silver 21" Mission E Wheels.
Your avatar still shows a volcano grey though :)

OP
OP

Blaugrana

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes gle
Country flag
Well, 60% of the votes go to dolomite silver! Now it's up 2 me... :headbang:

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Well, 60% of the votes go to dolomite silver! Now it's up 2 me... :headbang:
Not sure if you really understand how the Forum works. Once you ask the Forum what color to go with you lose your ability to choose. Before you asked what color you could just pick the color that will make you smile every time you open the Garage. Sorry hope you like Dolomite. By the way it’s a great conservative classy color. Good luck.

OP
OP

Blaugrana

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes gle
Country flag
Not sure if you really understand how the Forum works. Once you ask the Forum what color to go with you lose your ability to choose. Before you asked what color you could just pick the color that will make you smile every time you open the Garage. Sorry hope you like Dolomite. By the way it’s a great conservative classy color. Good luck.
:D

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Tesla 3, Taycan
Country flag
Exaclty, but I think I will never be able to make the final call! :crying:
I was having this same exact same internal debate. Dolomite or Volcano? My car is sitting at the port now, 50 miles from my house. I'm still having the internal debate (I picked Dolomite).

Good luck to you my friend.

OP
OP

Blaugrana

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes gle
Country flag
I was having this same exact same internal debate. Dolomite or Volcano? My car is sitting at the port now, 50 miles from my house. I'm still having the internal debate (I picked Dolomite).

Good luck to you my friend.
And what’s the reason you picked dolomite?
Sponsored