sun

First Name
Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had 20k miles on my all season OEM Continental ProContact RX tires that needed replacement. In looking around at US sites such as Discount Tire and TireRack, I wasn't finding much, except the OEM tires, which are fine. In looking at initial great reviews of the Hankooks and now them being OEM in 2025, I asked Discount Tire if they could get them as they weren't in the system. It required a call to Hankook directly, but they were able to source the tires within a week. They didn't even have a price for them and asked me to do Google searches for any price that came up, which they matched a Walmart listing.

Anyway, I wanted to share that you can get them in the United States, but you have to call and order them custom. I've only just come home with the tires, so I don't have a review on them yet.
Sponsored

KLHubb

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2009 911S 2012 Cayenne
Country flag
Please let us know how they perform, especially how quiet they are on the highway.
I find the Michelin 4S to be great, with the exception that they get noisy as they age.

OP
OP

sun

First Name
Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So far, they are performing great. They are quiet all around, but this is compared to worn out Continentals.

KLHubb

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2009 911S 2012 Cayenne
Country flag
Thanks....I will be interested in how they wear going forward.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag

OP
OP

sun

First Name
Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Interesting about the warranty. We have the XL version, which isn't listed. I did not take advantage of that. The dealer noted that the inside wear was showing. I ride on low all the time. The tread was around 5/32, but at the end of the day, I wasn't happy with wet weather traction. I would get slippage doing turns or hard braking, and just wasn't confident with the tires.

Vercingetorix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
FWIW the Continental website says the ProContact RX tires (I have 20" with an H rating on my 2022 RWD) have a warranty much longer than 20,000 miles. Did you take advantage of that in your purchase?

I'm thinking about switching to Hankook when my tires wear out. Please keep us posted. Thanks.

https://continentaltire.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/789/~/mileage-warranty

1711336375321-md.png
I have never heard of any OEM tire from the factory having a tread life warranty. Only replacement tires. Also most staggered setups are only rated for half the miles, at least with Michelin.

Porsche Taycan Hankook Ion Evo Summer tires in 21" - custom order in the US IMG_6462

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
I'm curious about these too. They look like a great replacement for the Continentals. Which variant did you get? The website seems to list several different ones from all season to summer performance

OP
OP

sun

First Name
Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
These are the summer tires. The all-season aren't available in the 21" size.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
So far, they are performing great. They are quiet all around, but this is compared to worn out Continentals.
Would you be willing to give us future updates ? The reason I am asking is our 2023 Mini Cooper SE (pure EV) came with HanKook Ventus S1 evo 3 summer only tires from BMW/Mini. They came with no mileage warranty and handling isn't the greatest. Thank You..

OP
OP

sun

First Name
Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, for sure. I've put a couple hundred of miles on them so far and I'm happy with them. They are quieter and way more grip. They are a different class of tire, summer vs. all season, but they are so much better in the rain.
Sponsored