Heater broken. My turn.

T4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, Model Y
Country flag
I was notified of the recall while I took my car to service for other unrelated issues. Hopefully they have the parts to replace it while it is there. They didn't say otherwise, so should be good.
Sponsored

JIP1080

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
My email arrived Friday like so many others it appears. Called the dealer a few times and never got through. Left a message requesting a call back and radio silence. Switched to the app to make the appointment but it wouldn't let me request a loaner. Speaking of loaners...

The duration of the replacement is a bit hard to gauge on the forum due to many people waiting on parts. Does anyone have a good understanding of "ideal conditions" service duration? I'm trying to understand if I need to demand the loaner or not. A couple days, no issue. More than that and things get tight.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My email arrived Friday like so many others it appears. Called the dealer a few times and never got through. Left a message requesting a call back and radio silence. Switched to the app to make the appointment but it wouldn't let me request a loaner. Speaking of loaners...

The duration of the replacement is a bit hard to gauge on the forum due to many people waiting on parts. Does anyone have a good understanding of "ideal conditions" service duration? I'm trying to understand if I need to demand the loaner or not. A couple days, no issue. More than that and things get tight.
Per TSB for campaign WPL8 heater replacement, labor time for the replacement is 6.7 hours, and not only are dealer costs for loaner reimbursed by PCNA, costs to pick up and return the car could be included also:

Porsche Taycan Heater broken. My turn. 1714430387976-33

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10246451-0001.pdf

JIP1080

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Per TSB for campaign WPL8 heater replacement, labor time for the replacement is 6.7 hours, and not only are dealer costs for loaner reimbursed by PCNA, costs to pick up and return the car could be included also:

1714430387976-33.png

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10246451-0001.pdf
Super helpful, thank you! I didn't see the campaign listed in the email, nor was there an open recall listed anywhere for my VIN, so I wasn't sure if it was all under the same TSB. Cheers for the confirmation!

joneffingvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealership called me last week about 2 recalls the re-programming of the regenerative braking/hydraulic as well as the passenger compartment heater. I dropped it off on Tuesday and they gave me a 2023 base taycan as a loaner. They also told me parts are required and to give them a few days.
Sponsored