How do I set the date/time???

Kbmore22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, BMW 335i, Lexus LX570
Country flag
Noob question. I’ve had the car for a little over a week and I can’t seem to figure out how to get my date/time to display correctly.

See attached pic.
1)The time on my instrument cluster has been stuck on 11:59. It does not change.
2) The date is showing a weird numbers instead of the real date.
3) Under settings, it’s set to automatically set date/time. However, it doesn’t even allow me to uncheck this to try and set the date/time manually.
4) What is the clock in the sport chrono? That changes but it’s always some variation of a time that starts with 12:xx.

Porsche Taycan How do I set the date/time??? 3940E543-63E7-4D8C-B7EC-9547E5F2B21A
Sponsored

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
Try deselecting the auto time setting box, then enter the correct date and time manually (both). Once finished try rechecking the set automatically box.

OP
OP
Kbmore22

Kbmore22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Try deselecting the auto time setting box, then enter the correct date and time manually (both). Once finished try rechecking the set automatically box.
It actually won’t let me deselect the auto time setting.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
Try a reboot. Touch two fingers to the top right of the center display. That will initiate a reboot. Then when the engineering screen pops up touch “exit engineering mode”. Take a minute or two to reboot. If that doesn’t work???

OP
OP
Kbmore22

Kbmore22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Try a reboot. Touch two fingers to the top right of the center display. That will initiate a reboot. Then when the engineering screen pops up touch “exit engineering mode”. Take a minute or two to reboot. If that doesn’t work???
Did this and still no luck. 🙁

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
Does your navigation work? It almost seems like the gps unit is unplugged. I’m out of ideas.

OP
OP
Kbmore22

Kbmore22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does your navigation work? It almost seems like the gps unit is unplugged. I’m out of ideas.
Yes, navigation works. I’m dumbfounded as well. I have an appt for the big PCM update next month so I’ll see if this gets fixed afterwards. Thanks for your help though.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
You could try powering down the car and disconnecting the 12v system. There are a few threads on here about doing it to fix some of the early problems from the first model year or two. Haven’t done it, but it doesn’t seem hard and if it fixes it will save you a month of thinking about it.

OP
OP
Kbmore22

Kbmore22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You could try powering down the car and disconnecting the 12v system. There are a few threads on here about doing it to fix some of the early problems from the first model year or two. Haven’t done it, but it doesn’t seem hard and if it fixes it will save you a month of thinking about it.
Hmmm, I’ll have to research that. I’m almost scared to try that though in case it erases settings or introduces a bigger issue.
Sponsored