How high do you sit in your Porsche Taycan?

exilen94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I saw a video recommending to sit as low as possible, but I am curious if there is any standard rules I should aim towards to make sure I am sitting in a correct height
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
As low as possible.

I saw a video recommending to sit as low as possible,
Yes. Except then go even lower.

but I am curious if there is any standard rules I should aim towards to make sure I am sitting in a correct height
Yes. As low as possible.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I also have some thoughts on how to press the accelerator if you’re interested.

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
My rule is to try to make the current speed just completely visible underneath the top of the steering wheel when the center tube is in map or night vision camera. I guess that's not a real answer because it depends on the height of the steering wheel. When I did my first test drive, I didn't have any idea what I was doing with respect to seat position, and I remember being sort of panicked about not being able to see how fast I was going because it was blocked by the top of the steering wheel. In retrospect, I had the seat too high then.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I set my seat once when I get a new car then leave it.

The method for doing that has been covered on here before (and recently) but it makes sure you have maximum control of the car and maximum visibility of the instruments.

That defines the correct height for your driving.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
For maximum feel for grip on track (when literally driving by the seat of one's pants), lowest height is optimal, but otherwise I prioritise ease of entry/exit (retiree here with suboptimal flexibility), getting a nice view of those lovely Taycan front arches and not looking like I should be driving a Halfords* special.
(*=Other sources of tacky customisation are available)

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2024 -4S , GT3
Country flag
One of the design flaws in the Taycan is the HUD. Unlike BMW, the camera cannot be adjusted. The only way to view is to make sure that the seat is high enough so that the dash does not block it out.
This means that the seat has to be adjusted for cruising (using HUD) versus spirited driving, (without the HUD).

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
One of the design flaws in the Taycan is the HUD. Unlike BMW, the camera cannot be adjusted. The only way to view is to make sure that the seat is high enough so that the dash does not block it out.
This means that the seat has to be adjusted for cruising (using HUD) versus spirited driving, (without the HUD).
The positioning of the HUD is adjustable. I can't remember exactly which sub-sub menu it is but the display can be moved a decent amount. I think you highlight the HUD (move the yellow highlighting around the instrument cluster tubes) and somewhere there is an option to position the HUD using the steering wheel controls.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2024 -4S , GT3
Country flag
The positioning of the HUD is adjustable. I can't remember exactly which sub-sub menu it is but the display can be moved a decent amount. I think you highlight the HUD (move the yellow highlighting around the instrument cluster tubes) and somewhere there is an option to position the HUD using the steering wheel controls.
Thank you for that, I didn't know.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
I sit pretty high on mine. Our family car is an SUV and I appreciate the outside visibility you get from a higher position.

However I fully agree with the comments here, if you want to drive in a spirited way or on a track, definitely sit low!

KLHubb

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2009 911S 2012 Cayenne
Country flag
I like to be able to look down the hood, so that I can see close to the front of the car.

njnjperson

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
I saw a video recommending to sit as low as possible, but I am curious if there is any standard rules I should aim towards to make sure I am sitting in a correct height
Correct height would be to have your hip point at half the axle height.

(Slight chance I just made all that up)