Is there still major delays at port?

Itsalongwait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram
Country flag
My car finally made it to port where it’s been sitting for 3 weeks . I’ve read in past threads that some owners endured a pretty long wait for the car to actually sail . Does anyone know if the delays are still around ? Should I bottle up my excitement and buckle up for more waiting? ( ordered 5 months ago )
Sponsored

new2porsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ7, 458, V60 P
Country flag
My car finally made it to port where it’s been sitting for 3 weeks . I’ve read in past threads that some owners endured a pretty long wait for the car to actually sail . Does anyone know if the delays are still around ? Should I bottle up my excitement and buckle up for more waiting? ( ordered 5 months ago )
what car did you order and what dealer (also from NorCal)

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
Should I bottle up my excitement and buckle up for more waiting? ( ordered 5 months ago )
You may also experience a delay at the Port of Benicia. Mine was there for over 8 weeks before it was transported to Porsche of Stevens Creek...

Waterdog

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Mine arrived at Benicia July 21 and then arrived at my dealer (Porsche Marin) on Aug. 11, exactly 3 weeks at the port. However, as you can see from various other owners, it can vary from 1 week to 2+ months. I consider myself lucky with a 3 week wait. Some are still stuck there and their car arrived at port a month before mine.

Yes, it's a very long wait. I put my deposit down Jan 2022, so the total wait was 19 months.

gkellogg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Porsche CS Cab, 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Mine arrived at Benicia July 21 and then arrived at my dealer (Porsche Marin) on Aug. 11, exactly 3 weeks at the port. However, as you can see from various other owners, it can vary from 1 week to 2+ months. I consider myself lucky with a 3 week wait. Some are still stuck there and their car arrived at port a month before mine.

Yes, it's a very long wait. I put my deposit down Jan 2022, so the total wait was 19 months.
Mine’s been stuck in Benicia since early June, with a bogus delivery time of August 29th now, I’m sure it will be three months sitting in Benicia before I’ll see it, and it sat in Emden for six weeks before it sailed out.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
Mine’s been stuck in Benicia since early June, with a bogus delivery time of August 29th now, I’m sure it will be three months sitting in Benicia before I’ll see it, and it sat in Emden for six weeks before it sailed out.
Mine was at the Port of Benicia when that huge fire broke out last year. I didn't know where Amports stored the cars that came off the transport vessel. I was worried about smoke damage.

In the end, the fire was not the reason for the 2 month wait at Benicia. Lots of rumors on the cause of the delay and no definitive reason was given. I think Amports is the only one who knows the real cause of the delays !!

Fingers crossed you will take delivery soon !!!

OP
OP

Itsalongwait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram
Country flag
YIKES!!!!

lwc1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
my car was on the same boat as gkellogg. it arrived at benicia on 6/13 and left for the dealership 6/29. Also purchased at redwood city
Sponsored