Looking for BCM2 (Rear BCM) connector pinouts

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Specifically the pinouts of the signals driving the turn signals. If anyone has them, please reply here, or DM me if you prefer to stay anonymous.

For those interested, BCM2 controls a bunch of things:
Porsche Taycan Looking for BCM2 (Rear BCM) connector pinouts 1716535605971-3u

It looks like this:

Porsche Taycan Looking for BCM2 (Rear BCM) connector pinouts 1716535644192-ku

and it lives in the rear right part of your trunk
Porsche Taycan Looking for BCM2 (Rear BCM) connector pinouts 1716535718751-v7

Porsche Taycan Looking for BCM2 (Rear BCM) connector pinouts 1716535747695-m3

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Can you put some kind of breakout cable in line to check for voltage during those functions? That’s what I typically do if I can’t find specs.

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you put some kind of breakout cable in line to check for voltage during those functions? That’s what I typically do if I can’t find specs.
That is precisely what I will be doing this weekend. It helps to know which of the myriad of unconnected pins to tap. Need to find the 2 pins which are not connected on NA cars, but are connected on others. Any pinout information up front saves a bunch of work. In this case I don't have a pinout on either side yet (and both sides have unconnected pins). Not even sure if turn signal is controlled via an analog signal driving the LED's or a LIN bus, which is also available on BCM for rear lights (might me only for animated lights, but could be for diagnostics too). Also, if those pins are not toggling on their own, knowing which one should be toggling is most helpful.

Last edited:

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You are likely one of the reasons for Porsche's Protection of Vehicle Diagnosis system that requires connection to Porsche mothership and authentication for certain service access.
;)
I wish Porsche would just make their wiring diagrams available. There is nothing in there that the competition or even determined customers won't figure out (heck, competition buys full teardowns from companies like Sandy's Munro & Associates). Once someone has the info, it makes it onto the internet and it's out anyways. I wouldn't have to do this kind of things to figure it out:

bigkraig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo S, GT3
Country flag
I wish Porsche would just make their wiring diagrams available. There is nothing in there that the competition or even determined customers won't figure out (heck, competition buys full teardowns from companies like Sandy's Munro & Associates). Once someone has the info, it makes it onto the internet and it's out anyways. I wouldn't have to do this kind of things to figure it out:
people sell them on mhh, just search google for "Porsche Taycan wiring diagram (full)". DM me if you can't find it.

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
people sell them on mhh, just search google for "Porsche Taycan wiring diagram (full)". DM me if you can't find it.
Thanks. I eventually figured it out. A full diagram might be useful for other things though, will look for it.

bigkraig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo S, GT3
Country flag
Thanks. I eventually figured it out. A full diagram might be useful for other things though, will look for it.
you get it all hooked up yet? does it just take the additional wires to the BCM2?

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
you get it all hooked up yet? does it just take the additional wires to the BCM2?
Almost. Yes, requires 2 extra wires to the BCM2, and recoding. Will post a writeup once all done.
Sponsored