Zwick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have a 2021 CT4S, and it came with the Porsche rear back rack (It was CPO with just 6k miles on it when I bought it). I've been using that rear rack for my mountain biking, and picking up kids randomly when it is too dark for them to bike home. It's been pretty good, and with practice, I can take that rack on and off pretty quickly (under 5m). However, it is still a hassle, and that time and energy drain adds up. Especially in a crunch when you aren't expecting to have to go get a kid and bike. Also there have been times where I just decided to not go do a mountain bike ride I wanted to, and instead just rode out of my garage for a less stellar experience.

I decided it was time to just deal with whatever noise and efficiency loss I would incur and get a roof rack. Thule feet/crossbars and Yakima bike trays. It's very low profile as you can see, and the wind noise is non-existent (at least up to 85MPH / 135KPH). I don't have any range numbers yet, mostly because I don't really care. I only drive my car out of town once a year, maybe twice, and that is San Diego to Vegas, and the charging situation on the way is super easy.

Having had roof carrier bike racks for 15 years, I'm so excited to be back to this convenience! I know it's not for everyone with the EV considerations, but I'm so happy I made the change.
Porsche Taycan Moving from Porsche rear back rack to Thule/Yakima roof rack IMG_4888
Porsche Taycan Moving from Porsche rear back rack to Thule/Yakima roof rack IMG_4889
Porsche Taycan Moving from Porsche rear back rack to Thule/Yakima roof rack IMG_4887
Porsche Taycan Moving from Porsche rear back rack to Thule/Yakima roof rack IMG_4886

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
The Thule feet seem so much sleeker than the OEM setup.

Regarding occasional bike transport - do you find the interior room is not enough to fit a bike? I’ve thrown in my road bike a few times, and while i have a bike carrier I wouldn’t use it unless the car is full. Mtb’s do seem bigger/bulkier - especially the front.

OP
OP
Zwick

Zwick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Did once with the kid's mountain bike, and it was not easy with those bigger bikes. Tire off at minimum, and then pushing seatpost all the way down. Ultimately, I made the move because I hate to be hassled, and want the easiest thing possible. Also, my goal is to go several times a week, so that definitely adds up.

I also like to take one of the kids riding from time to time.
Sponsored