Need Advice - MY2020 vs MY2021?

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
As there were some changes in my order - I have the same dilemma now (MY2020 or MY2021). As I saw, now we know that in MY2021 there will be:
- New charger holding up to 22kW (that's something I believe I will not use as I'll be charging overnight at home).
- New colors (not interesting for me).
- HUD as an option (not interesting for me).
- DAB radio as standard (can be chosen as an option in MY 2020).

Anyone knows about any other pros or cons worth to consider (apart from a bit higher resale value)?
Sponsored

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
As there were some changes in my order - I have the same dilemma now (MY2020 or MY2021). As I saw, now we know that in MY2021 there will be:
- New charger holding up to 22kW (that's something I believe I will not use as I'll be charging overnight at home).

Anyone knows about any other pros or cons worth to consider (apart from a bit higher resale value)?
Looks like more interior options are available as well based on the international configuration tool. I like the stitching in a different colour and will likely add that. HUD I am unsure since the dash is substantially different.

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Looks like more interior options are available as well based on the international configuration tool. I like the stitching in a different colour and will likely add that. HUD I am unsure since the dash is substantially different.
Good point :)

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
The coloured stitching, have you seen the price! :eek:

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
The coloured stitching, have you seen the price! :eek:
no, not yet. I have already added so many options that my dealer has started to make fun of me! Now I am afraid to look.

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
About the MY2020 and MY2021 differences - the other difference will be the base price. The change will depend on the particular market of course. Yet, anyone heard some news what will be the difference at his / her market?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Thanks all for your comments and perspectives. I was able to get a slot for next month with another dealer and ordering a 4S. Fingers crossed I see this Sept/Oct!
Definitely the right decision. You'll have an extra 6 months of driving this incredible car that will more than make up for whatever depreciation loss you might have. ps - I don't think there will be any real significant depreciation difference because I think the features will not change much, and the price will probably go up.

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Yeah, I wonder how much the base price will go up...

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag

1) New Charger - not confirmed yet and even if so the increase in charging rate is nominal and does not bother me as I charge overnight and so far have only needed to do so around once a week (just like filling up a petrol car)
2) New Colours - nothing at all that excites me except Crayon which I would not have ordered without seeing in the flesh anyway
3) HUD - never bothered me, in fact I have it in 2 of my other cars and I have turned it off as I find it distracting
4) DAB Radio was standard in the UK on my car already
5) Wireless Apple Car Play may be coming to MY21 but again this does not bother me much at all and it may well be a firmware update to enable this to work on the MY20 car

Higher resale value will only apply as the car will be 6 months older - don't see why there would be a difference between MY20 and 21 as no major updates at all. I have owned many Range Rover Sports over the years and the only time an MY made a huge difference in resale was when a major change to infotainment system etc was announced - not small things like additional colours etc.

Get the car now if you can otherwise you will always be waiting for the next best thing. I won't be surprised if the cross turismo has a higher range or something but it won't bother me as I would have had my car and enjoyed it for a whole 12 months before that car even arrives!!

To top it off the MY21 will have a price increase too. Plus I got a £3500 government grant on my car which is no longer applicable :)

Hope this helps!

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
1) New Charger - not confirmed yet and even if so the increase in charging rate is nominal and does not bother me as I charge overnight and so far have only needed to do so around once a week (just like filling up a petrol car)
2) New Colours - nothing at all that excites me except Crayon which I would not have ordered without seeing in the flesh anyway
3) HUD - never bothered me, in fact I have it in 2 of my other cars and I have turned it off as I find it distracting
4) DAB Radio was standard in the UK on my car already
5) Wireless Apple Car Play may be coming to MY21 but again this does not bother me much at all and it may well be a firmware update to enable this to work on the MY20 car

Higher resale value will only apply as the car will be 6 months older - don't see why there would be a difference between MY20 and 21 as no major updates at all. I have owned many Range Rover Sports over the years and the only time an MY made a huge difference in resale was when a major change to infotainment system etc was announced - not small things like additional colours etc.

Get the car now if you can otherwise you will always be waiting for the next best thing. I won't be surprised if the cross turismo has a higher range or something but it won't bother me as I would have had my car and enjoyed it for a whole 12 months before that car even arrives!!

To top it off the MY21 will have a price increase too. Plus I got a £3500 government grant on my car which is no longer applicable :)

Hope this helps!
Thanks. I think I'll rather wait for the MY2021. The 22kW is something that is rather confirmed as I read and heard and it's something that many of my friends using Tesla point as very useful. Plus looking at the same case with Teslas resale market - the ones with the better charger (in case of Tesla, it's 17 vs 11 kW) are much more desired...

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Thanks. I think I'll rather wait for the MY2021. The 22kW is something that is rather confirmed as I read and heard and it's something that many of my friends using Tesla point as very useful. Plus looking at the same case with Teslas resale market - the ones with the better charger (in case of Tesla, it's 17 vs 11 kW) are much more desired...
Good luck, I'm sure the MY22 will have things you may want too so you'll probably want to wait again :D

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Good luck, I'm sure the MY22 will have things you may want too so you'll probably want to wait again :D
Haha. In my case it was just 4 weeks difference - after all, that's not that much time ;)

andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
Hi there!!

I think there could be more things... of course the Apple Carplay WIRELESS Update will be in 2021 MY. Also a parking system (park remote) could be a new thing. Not really sure if Carplay Wireless will come for 2020 Model, somebody wrote there will be needed a new computer unit. The one from 2021 should also maybe work a bit more smooth, but i am sure they will update 2020 model as well. So if you choose now... i would wait for Oktober production, if this is the right month for it.
The HUD is really not a good deal, cause of the different design. Look at another post of me > Head-up Display.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I think the car may also be able to travel on water and maybe on air too - MY2023 :D

Seriously its all speculation - no one knows what is coming in the future!
Sponsored