• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Need monochrome replacement hood emblem

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
So still a gasket, just a different one for different models.
I was just trying to make people aware that there are different crests and gaskets from prior years to make sure they were aware when ordering. And the older style had the gasket that comes up on the outer edges. The Taycan does not use that style.

Let me correct my original statement as I guess that is confusing.

There might be a gasket or rubber backing to the Taycan hood crest. However it does not have the style of gasket that wraps the outer edge of the hood crest like older model 911's have where it sits in the gasket.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I was just trying to make people aware that there are different crests and gaskets from prior years to make sure they were aware when ordering.
Good point, I did notice that the ones which go into a gasket are thicker (almost 2x). I picked one up in case I wanted to swap out the one I made, the ebay seller assured me it would fit, and it looked to be about the same size when it arrived so I just stored it. Your comment made me go look and measure. Yes, the one that goes into a gasket is 0.49mm taller and 0.50mm wider. They are also less flat than the original Taycan emblem, but that is not a fit problem, the middle curves out a little which doesn't look bad at all. The mounting prongs appear be in the exact same spot. I took some pictures using the original gasket as reference:

Here are the original, the manifold one (before installing prongs), and the one from ebay (intended to go into the bigger gasket with borders).
Porsche Taycan Need monochrome replacement hood emblem 1693088106973
Porsche Taycan Need monochrome replacement hood emblem 1693088177489
Porsche Taycan Need monochrome replacement hood emblem 1693088215001

Would the larger one fit the Taycan? Perhaps - Porsche manufacturing tolerances are not that tight so might allow for 0.5mm (see this thread, I didn't realize my original emblem was not perfectly straight until I was replacing it). Even if it doesn't fit exactly, I'm sure it could be made fit with a custom gasket lifting it up a little bit.

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I bought from them. Looks great! There is also a seller on Poshmark who sells them, but no gasket or nuts included.

PXL_20230815_204841823.jpg
PXL_20230815_175417066.jpg
PXL_20230815_175420949.jpg
How does the thickness of it compare to the original? For example, here is the one I got from ebay vs. original.
Porsche Taycan Need monochrome replacement hood emblem 1693111717265

fika

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
How does the thickness of it compare to the original? For example, here is the one I got from ebay vs. original.
1693111717265.png
Similar to what you have there. Likely the same mfg. The one I got from the Poshmark seller (a brushed silver color) was also the same just without the replacement Porsche gasket and nuts.

Edit: added some photos. Despite the thickness and slight curve the fit is perfect. I actually prefer the look of the aftermarket over the OEM. The added depth looks and feels really nice.

Porsche Taycan Need monochrome replacement hood emblem PXL_20230827_053212610
Porsche Taycan Need monochrome replacement hood emblem PXL_20230827_053225802
Porsche Taycan Need monochrome replacement hood emblem PXL_20230827_053240584

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Similar to what you have there. Likely the same mfg. The one I got from the Poshmark seller (a brushed silver color) was also the same just without the replacement Porsche gasket and nuts.

Edit: added some photos. Despite the thickness and slight curve the fit is perfect. I actually prefer the look of the aftermarket over the OEM. The added depth looks and feels really nice.

PXL_20230827_053212610.jpg
PXL_20230827_053225802.jpg
PXL_20230827_053240584.jpg
Good to know the one I got will in fact fit if I choose to replace the one I made for any reason (maybe it fades, who knows, so far it's holding up pretty well though).

OP
OP
morrisonbrett

morrisonbrett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
brettmorrison.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 Tesla Model X P100D
Country flag
Thanks everyone. I went ahead and ordered from JJ Performance! I'll report back here with photos once it's installed.

Since as you say, gasket and nuts aren't included, will I be able to use the nuts on the factory mount or need to buy / find new ones for the JJ Performance one?

fika

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks everyone. I went ahead and ordered from JJ Performance! I'll report back here with photos once it's installed.

Since as you say, gasket and nuts aren't included, will I be able to use the nuts on the factory mount or need to buy / find new ones for the JJ Performance one?
The badge I got from JJ did come with the gasket and the nuts, the poshmark didn't. You should be able to use all new parts.

laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
When reinstalling the new emblem, did you have to re-apply the silicone-like sealant on the nuts? I gather that’s a weather sealant but wasn’t sure what a good replacement would be (a o-ring or some caulking?) or if it’s even necessary to apply (could just leave the old nuts in and tighten though I presume the sealant won’t be effective anymore).
Sponsored

Last edited: