New taycan Rwd vs 2021 turbo taycan

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The built almost the same .. local dealer cars the same .. just different in power and little bit interior .. of course the turbo has some points better than the Rwd not just power difference
So the RWD is loaded with all the options (other than power) that Turbo includes for free?
Sponsored

alexsas

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, I3
Country flag
I have a turbo. Tried RWD , and whilst it looks largely the same, it’s pedestrian (compared to turbo). Sorry RWD Lovers.

Reactions: 007
OP
OP
Ev new man

Ev new man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne s
Country flag
So the RWD is loaded with all the options (other than power) that Turbo includes for free?
Most of the options are the same but not for free it is 23 zero cars with offer cause 24 comes already

Vision

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo S
Country flag
I would get the turbo, one can never have too much power!

DSB

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Defender 2013
Country flag
I had the choice of a quicker 0-62 when buying, but I'm not track daying or really interested in going excessively fast everywhere or straight line bursts. The road handling on twisty A & B roads is still superb in the RWD, and making progress safely on challenging roads is more appealing (to me). In the end I valued high spec new over the added power within my budget. Its your car, your budget and your choice, but whichever you get, its a great car. No-one has mentioned range yet in this thread (tin hat on:))

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The road handling on twisty A & B roads is still superb in the RWD, and making progress safely on challenging roads is more appealing (to me).
Wouldn't all-wheel-drive add to the safety on challenging roads?

freeforall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
the main question also does the 28k miles is good like new or too much ?
1-
28k miles don’t matter for an EV IMHO. You should ask for the battery’s SoH. You don't know whether the previous owner abused the launch controls and kept charging it to 100% everyday. In that’s case, you can end up with a battery that aged more than average. I think it is important especially if you are planning to keep the car a long time. I am happy that I bought new and took care of my car in a way that I am at 99.4% SoH after 18k km
2- the spec of the car is important. If they are specced similarly, what is the exterior/interior color and the rims you like the most?
You look to your car both from the exterior and interior multiple times a day whereas you don’t keep launching it for 0-60 like crazy in the city each day.

This is very subjective but personally I would go with the RWD Blue (especially if it Gentian but I like the Neptune as well) interior crayon with RS Spyder rims.
I love that combination, and that’s one of the reasons I configured mine new. I have a ST though.
You add the to that that RwD can very fun to drive especially when it gets wet… 😂

PS: also if you did not see the cars, go see them. They are different on pictures. I did not even consider the Gentian blue in the configurator but when I saw it in real life (by accident) it was a whole different story.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I had the choice of a quicker 0-62 when buying, but I'm not track daying or really interested in going excessively fast everywhere or straight line bursts. The road handling on twisty A & B roads is still superb in the RWD, and making progress safely on challenging roads is more appealing (to me). In the end I valued high spec new over the added power within my budget. Its your car, your budget and your choice, but whichever you get, its a great car. No-one has mentioned range yet in this thread (tin hat on:))
Agree - and a lot depends on where people live.

I've given up on 'speed' in the UK.

There is really nowhere I can find for fun driving any more.....
New Ultra speed cameras everywhere near me (link below), new Smart motorways (more speed cameras), congested roads, pot holes, ev's banned from track days.

And the Taycan is a bit of a lump on windy A roads (yet more speed cameras).

So, I personally don't want any more power than my RWD nowadays.
Less size and weight would be good.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....news/new-ultra-cameras-can-catch-28107043.amp

OP
OP
Ev new man

Ev new man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne s
Country flag
1-
28k miles don’t matter for an EV IMHO. You should ask for the battery’s SoH. You don't know whether the previous owner abused the launch controls and kept charging it to 100% everyday. In that’s case, you can end up with a battery that aged more than average. I think it is important especially if you are planning to keep the car a long time. I am happy that I bought new and took care of my car in a way that I am at 99.4% SoH after 18k km
2- the spec of the car is important. If they are specced similarly, what is the exterior/interior color and the rims you like the most?
You look to your car both from the exterior and interior multiple times a day whereas you don’t keep launching it for 0-60 like crazy in the city each day.

This is very subjective but personally I would go with the RWD Blue (especially if it Gentian but I like the Neptune as well) interior crayon with RS Spyder rims.
I love that combination, and that’s one of the reasons I configured mine new. I have a ST though.
You add the to that that RwD can very fun to drive especially when it gets wet… 😂

PS: also if you did not see the cars, go see them. They are different on pictures. I did not even consider the Gentian blue in the configurator but when I saw it in real life (by accident) it was a whole different story.
very beneficial reply .. thanks and i got alot from you 🤝👍

OP
OP
Ev new man

Ev new man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne s
Country flag
Agree - and a lot depends on where people live.

I've given up on 'speed' in the UK.

There is really nowhere I can find for fun driving any more.....
New Ultra speed cameras everywhere near me (link below), new Smart motorways (more speed cameras), congested roads, pot holes, ev's banned from track days.

And the Taycan is a bit of a lump on windy A roads (yet more speed cameras).

So, I personally don't want any more power than my RWD nowadays.
Less size and weight would be good.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....news/new-ultra-cameras-can-catch-28107043.amp
the same where i live .. speed cameras even in bathrooms 😂

the main thins is about the price

the new 23 rwd same as 21 turbo with 28k miles

that is the confusion point 🫨

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the new 23 rwd same as 21 turbo with 28k miles

that is the confusion point 🫨
23 is as much as 2 years old, so might not have ever been registered, but saying "new" may be a stretch. New today would be 25, maybe 24 but even that is now old stock.
Sponsored