Next Generation Taycan - what do we want?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
It would be nice if Porsche, in the middle of any given model’s lifecycle, directly asked owners… “What do you guys want out of this car?“

And then feed that into an AI algorithm… And then build that.

The result would be more of a car most drivers want, and less of a car with visor mirrors so tiny a toddler couldn’t even see themselves.
There's a "Porsche Feedback Circle" (at least, in the UK- I doubt it's not wider) that invites owners' input on various topics, such as proposed products and services. I can't remember whether it was part of that process, but I definitely got an opportunity from somewhere to comment on the current gen and wish list for future developments. At least one thing did get addressed- push-to-pass on the SportChrono dial, which I assume that many serial Porsche owners surveyed have requested for the Taycan.
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Does anyone know please when it is scheduled to arrive?
The UK website now lists- with prices and full config details- some cars that are stated as being available from May this year (presumably they're dealer demonstrators and showroom cars).

OP
OP
MissionE

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
The UK website now lists- with prices and full config details- some cars that are stated as being available from May this year (presumably they're dealer demonstrators and showroom cars).
I think he means the next generation.

T C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Audi Q7
Country flag
After driving 20K miles on my 2021 4s here is my wish list for the next gen. Taycan:

1. Lower curb weight (at least 800 lbs lighter)
2. Longer range (>400 miles)
3. Improved brake pedal feel at low/parking speeds; it may be my vehicle, but at low speeds the brake pedal feels very unpredictable/spongy?
4. More tactile (vs. touchscreen) controls, specifically:
A. A/C Vents & temp/fan speed controls
B. Trunk open/close
C. Some sound menu controls (source selection, balance, basic tone controls, ...)
5. A modern voice command interface; current rendition is dismal.
6. Blind spot detection should come standard for this car

That being said, it still continues to be a fun daily driver for me. As an FYI, I purchased a Chargepoint Home Flex charger to replace my OEM charger after receiving the APB6 recall notice , which was reimbursed by Porsche. Plan to install it shortly and see how it fares in TX heat ...
Sponsored