Performance Battery + HP

LuigiF1

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S 981, Taycan Ordered 6/4 Delivery.
Country flag
Hello new member, I am about to lock my order for RWD slot and have been researching here and online reviews.

I see with over boost the performance Battery + produces 469 HP, while regular battery is 402. I also see many reviews and Porsche say there is no difference in 0-60 times. I've seen the weight increase of the 93kwh battery is 170 lbs (around 4% increase in Vehicle weight). While the increase is 67 HP in over boost (up 17%). Where/when is this HP being used that there is no 0-60 increase? Can you use this 67 HP during launch control or is some how only used in passing? I wouldn't buy the option for 35 miles more range.

Just looking for an explanation with the upgrade to the Performance + battery with such a modest weigh increase to HP increase why no performance increase.

Thanks for any explanation.
Sponsored

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2013 G550, 2016 Metris
Country flag
Hello new member, I am about to lock my order for RWD slot and have been researching here and online reviews.

I see with over boost the performance Battery + produces 469 HP, while regular battery is 402. I also see many reviews and Porsche say there is no difference in 0-60 times. I've seen the weight increase of the 93kwh battery is 170 lbs (around 4% increase in Vehicle weight). While the increase is 67 HP in over boost (up 17%). Where/when is this HP being used that there is no 0-60 increase? Can you use this 67 HP during launch control or is some how only used in passing? I wouldn't buy the option for 35 miles more range.

Just looking for an explanation with the upgrade to the Performance + battery with such a modest weigh increase to HP increase why no performance increase.

So based on the marketing Porsche has put out in the US, I too thought that there wasn’t a difference but on paper (0-60 and top speed are the same), however a quick browse on Porsche’s European sites reveal that the RWD Taycan is measurably faster from 0-160km, and 0-200km with the performance battery plus. Perhaps more relevant to us who plan on actually driving and enjoying the car (not just stoplight to stoplight which my Tesla owning brother claims to do every time he drives), are the 80-120km acceleration times (50-75mph). Here is what I found out and added in a different thread:

Porsche does provide some stats on this on their European sites as follows:

80-120km/h Performance Battery – 3.0 seconds

80-120km/h Performance Battery Plus – 2.7 seconds

For reference the 4S states 2.3 seconds for this same test. Pretty close to the performance battery plus stat.

Here are some other interesting stats straight off Porsche’s website:

Macan Turbo 80-120 – 2.9 seconds

Panamera 4s 80-120 – 2.8 seconds

Cayenne Turbo – 80-120 – 2.7 seconds

When considering in-gear acceleration, it looks like the Taycan RWD is in good company of cars that do 0-60 in around 4 seconds.
I researched this recently, and there are definitely differences, just not advertised by Porsche in the US. Quoted my post from another thread.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag

I think car and driver launched a + and the 0-60 was significantly lower than other people got with a standard 4s

OP
OP
LuigiF1

LuigiF1

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S 981, Taycan Ordered 6/4 Delivery.
Country flag
Thank You Rcrewse7 & Tazer for your responses on Performance +. I thought just by the numbers would be a bit quicker .3 or .4 sec.

Its just decision time now after adding basic options and PASM, Rear Steer, Battery +, Chrono, PCSB, Pano roof, and Missions E's I'm now past 4S $'s. RWD more options or 4S w/Chrono, Rear wheel steer + 20's
Sponsored