jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
Thanks Marcad80 for your explanations. What you write looks logic.
(I am an electronics engineer.)
Sponsored

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Just to piggyback on this, the other way to think of the PB+ is as an investment in the future.

A) You might suddenly need more range one day
B) EV Batteries degrade and you will lose range over the life of the car.

$5k for 14 more kWh is well, well, well worth it IMHO and you will never go "oh no I have too much range!" but you might go "oh no I don't have enough!"
true- but Porsche keeps a relatively large amount of battery capacity in reserve (~10KWH) so I doubt most people will notice any meaningful degradation.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Thank you. This is frustrating for me as well --- and I still have time to make the change. I was going for PB+ but now am leaning against it. The one argument everyone seems to agree on is not having this might hurt resale .....but I am not overly concerned with this. My current car is 340 hp (LOL) so I doubt I would even notice the difference between 520 and 540 hp (and even that seems negligible given the analysis stated above).

Perhaps I forgoe the PB+ and use the money for Rear Axle and maybe add in the 21 inch wheels. Thanks all.
How many miles/km will you drive each day? Will you be doing road trips regularly? The Porsche is not my road trip car so I opted against the PB+ and I'm perfectly happy. At the end of the day, it's only a 15% increase in range - more, but not a huge difference to me. Of course more range is always better, but I had to configure my car within a certain budget and I know I would benefit from other options far more than with the added range.

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Will you be doing road trips regularly? The Porsche is not my road trip car so I opted against the PB+ and I'm perfectly happy.
In the end I think this is the key. Will it be a road trip car or a daily driver.

For us, our other car is a 2013 Model S 60 that Tesla has now slowed the supercharger rate to less than 60kw (its free for life and they want me off)…. So this will be our road-trip car. Multiple 600+mile trips a year.

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
In the end I think this is the key. Will it be a road trip car or a daily driver.

For us, our other car is a 2013 Model S 60 that Tesla has now slowed the supercharger rate to less than 60kw (its free for life and they want me off)…. So this will be our road-trip car. Multiple 600+mile trips a year.
I went with PB+. One of those things I will regret later if I don't get it. I did also get rid of InnoDrive. I like ALK but can wait for FOD. Thanks all

Last edited:

bruksnys

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7, Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I would gladly add 4 more performance batteries, for 20k extra lol :D The only thing I don't like about Taycan is that pitiful range you get for 100k+. I wish they could deliver Lucid, or Model S range...

bruksnys

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7, Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
InnoDrive
Inno-drive is a rip off, a total waste of money. I have exact same thing on Q7, with no extra $, came as standard with no extra "name", but it's a total shit. Stopping wherever it wants, showing traffic signs which does not exist.... the idea is pretty good, but even google maps or waze cant keep up to date on some roads, how can the factory navigation...

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Inno-drive is a rip off, a total waste of money. I have exact same thing on Q7, with no extra $, came as standard with no extra "name", but it's a total shit. Stopping wherever it wants, showing traffic signs which does not exist.... the idea is pretty good, but even google maps or waze cant keep up to date on some roads, how can the factory navigation...
Thank you! Your email could not have come at a better time. I just submitted my build (no Innodrive -- which dealer strongly recommended) and he came back with it looks "stripped down and minimal". I was a bit frustrated at the response -- especially after all the good feedback from this forum. Thanks again!!

Nmoranda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
You received numerous well thought out messages. I love this forum for that reason.
My .02- The car is 100k+. Is it worth skimping on the battery for only 5k? You’re buying an electric car, get the best battery available.

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
You received numerous well thought out messages. I love this forum for that reason.
My .02- The car is 100k+. Is it worth skimping on the battery for only 5k? You’re buying an electric car, get the best battery available.
Yep -- going for the PB+. I love this forum. Thanks all for the help and patience!!

kwh estate

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 cross turismo 4
Country flag
All. Getting the Taycan 4S. Is the performance battery worth $5k? Seems like you only get another 22 miles of range. Horsepower?
definitely get the bigger battery, and the range gain (22 miles) is quite conservative

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S and Tesla M3 oreon
Country flag
I do not know if somebody already mentioned it, the de 5k extra investment results in a 12,7KWh extra battery-capacity and this is not 22miles(35km) but 35miles (56km) worst case scenario. But More likely this is around 40miles (65km) more. Almost 18% of the total range.

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I do not know if somebody already mentioned it, the de 5k extra investment results in a 12,7KWh extra battery-capacity and this is not 22miles(35km) but 35miles (56km) worst case scenario. But More likely this is around 40miles (65km) more. Almost 18% of the total range.
By the way, I got the extra battery! Call is range anxiety, call is paranoia....it just seemed the right thing to do for me. I just know I would regret it if I didn't get it. Needed? Probably not. But neither are $5k sest upgrades, but we all get them. Thanks all!
Sponsored