PORSCHE TAYCAN 4 S vs PORSCHE TAYCAN TURBO

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Ford GT (part owner)
Country flag
Hi Torv,

Thank you very much for your answer which helps me a lot in my thinking. Here is the configuration I will choose. I really like. Happy New Year's Eve.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMRC5456

Philippe
Philippe,

I love your question and you remind me that we in the US lost a chance to visit your fabulous city this year and it is sorely missed.

I take a completely different point of view. The French have taught the world to appreciate the essence and the spirit of something as a reason for acquiring it. Owning and eventually selling a Taycan would be greatly enhanced by being able to label your car a "Turbo" rather than an attempt to elevate a lessor model to Turbo status.

The purity of the Porsche Turbo and the sense of you knowing that you have something that is pure and exceptional is reason enough to chose it over the less respected 4S. The 4S is areally a compromise from what Porsche can produce when all restrictions are removed. You are not about to take this step many times in your life. Why not reach for the best.

The eventual buyer of your car will certainly have these same considerations. Selling a Taycan Turbo has a different sound that selling one's 4S.

I come to this point of view after owning 10 Porsches dating from 1968. We currently have a 911 Turbo S and our hugely satisfying Taycan Turbo S with Sport Design in carbon fiber.

The Porsche Taycan Turbo is the world's best sedan. Why would you settle for less?
Porsche Taycan PORSCHE TAYCAN 4 S vs PORSCHE TAYCAN TURBO Taycan 2 copy
Sponsored

Deleted member 2250

Good morning all,

I am french and live in Paris.

I'm going to buy a Porsche TAYCAN and I have a question. I count on your help to guide me.

It is known that despite their high prices, Porsches need a lot of options to be complete.

I configured a 4S (base price: 109,414 euros) with a lot of options and without being excessive, I got a price of 159,286 euros (or 49,872 euros in options).

The same in the TURBO version (base price: 156,344 euros) where a lot of paying options in the 4S are included and therefore free, we arrive at 178,678 euros (or 22,344 euros in options).

The question I ask myself is whether the Turbo version, which in its price is already better equipped with a lower sum of options, will not depreciate less on resale than the 4 S with practically more than double the price of options that have a significantly lower basic price?

To sum up, I know that the car is far from being a placement, but isn't the TURBO version better placed than the 4S?

Which one would you choose?

Thank you for your informed responses
178,000€ is a very well spec'd car! You'd get a loaded Turbo S for that.
I have a Turbo S, as I moved from a 911 Turbo S and I could get a TS quicker.
It's an awesome car.

If I was buying again, I'd be tempted to go to Turbo but not 4S.
It's a personal thing, so no-one is right or wrong!

Porsche Taycan PORSCHE TAYCAN 4 S vs PORSCHE TAYCAN TURBO tempImagemWt8J0

rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Tesla Model Y, 2020 MB GLE450
Country flag
I have driven the 4S, the Turbo and the Turbo S and to me, they are 95% the same if you don’t mind the one second hit in launch control. The 4S suits my needs perfectly: it’s faster than my Tesla Model S, handles better than my Model S by a country mile and actually out performs my 911. Finally, the Taycan 4S cost me $70000 less than the Taycan Turbo S, which I’ll use to buy a Tesla Model Y for my wife, thereby minimizing the avalanche of grief I’m going to get for indulging in my Porsche addiction! It’s a win-win.
Torv is absolutely spot on with his thoughts. I own a Taycan 4S Carrera white metallic with 21" E wheels and PSCB with white calipers and red/black interior, sport Chrono, 4 wheel steering, BOSE, ventilated seats, passenger display, carbon fiber interior, black logo and window trim. It is as much fun. or more fun to drive as my P100D Tesla was (which is faster 0-60 by about 1.5 seconds). I saved almost $70,000 by going with a well optioned 4S over a Turbo S, and I bought my daughters a Tesla Model Y with AWD, white seats, black 20" wheels for a little over $55,000! Two cars for the price of one and still saved about $15,000! I drove all 3 models and unless you are using launch control at a stoplight or drag strip, there is almost zero difference in performance. If you want the fastest 0-60mph, or 1/4 mile drag race times, the car to buy is the new 911 Turbo S. It does 0-60 in 2.2 seconds and 10 flat quarter mile times. It always comes down to how much "disposable" cash you want to part with, and if that number is infinitely large get whatever the heck you want! If, like most people in the world, spending extra money for very little gain means something to you, you will be very pleased with a Taycan 4S. It gets better range and has slightly more trunk space also. "Bragging rights" are a real phenomenon here in the US. This is the same reason we have folks driving the $200,000+ Mercedes Benz G63 AMG, which is a vehicle that makes no apologies for being ridiculous. Good luck with your purchase and enjoy whatever car you buy.

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
I wouldn't have ordered the passenger screen but it was already ordered by someone else and its actually really useful when you have passengers.

[

QUOTE="Torv, post: 46214, member: 2580"]
Sweet configuration! I would recommend you eliminate the brake option and just go with the standard brakes. Like I said, the regeneration system is so efficient and effective that it seems to me a waste of money to go with that option unless you’re going to be racing around a track. Even Porsche’s own recommendation is a brake service every six 6 years, so I really don’t see the point of those brake options (anyone else have a different point of view that can help?).

The other change I would make is to eliminate the passenger screen. From what I understand it’s only active if someone is seated in the passenger seat, so unless someone is navigating with you, it’s essentially useless.

For what it’s worth, here’s my configuration for March delivery. There may be different configuration options between the US and Europe.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMY6QQR0

58033C83-D5EE-49A6-B7A5-587939DB505B.jpeg

[/QUOTE]

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
I went 4S as was a replacement for an S classe so absolute speed wasn't the motivation.
My 4S looks identical to yours except I have white discs so I do commend Porsche for making the cars look the same across the range.
The mission E wheels make it.

QUOTE="CCOSH, post: 46482, member: 2250"]
178,000€ is a very well spec'd car! You'd get a loaded Turbo S for that.
I have a Turbo S, as I moved from a 911 Turbo S and I could get a TS quicker.
It's an awesome car.

If I was buying again, I'd be tempted to go to Turbo but not 4S.
It's a personal thing, so no-one is right or wrong!

tempImagemWt8J0.png

[/QUOTE]

OP
OP

Aurige

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Porsche Macan Range Rover
Country flag
Hello,

Thank you for all your answers, which are complete and very diverse.
The thing we all have in common is owning or soon owning the Porsche Taycan which is a fantastic car in every way and I am weighing my words. All photos show great cars.
I consider that the three models can be configured identically if desired after we can consider that the power of each is an option. Everyone builds their car as they wish and the result is always magnificent. I will be delivered of mine at the end of April 2021 and I will send you the photos.
Thank you to all of you for your kindness. You are very sympathetic.
Philippe
Sponsored