First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Folks, (sorry its long)

Were you given any specific guidance on running/bedding in PSCB brakes? Any do's or don'ts from the OPC? -

MY OPC never mentioned the brakes at hand-over except to say regeneration would not be active for a while to bed the brakes in.

Just found out (possibly too late) from the manual, that you should check with the OPC for specific guidance before any 'track' type driving on PSCB

Why am I asking?.....

Picked up my CT-Turbo Wednesday, and Yesterday I drove its first road-trip journey of around 250 miles of sensible motorway and a little urban to visit family.

Last night, I took the Fam out for a 'spirited' country lane driving session for 20 miles or so. A fair bit of acceleration and braking.

After a final heavy brake to a stop to do a U turn to go home, there was the metallic smell of V hot brakes- it was wet weather so there was a fair bit of steam too.

Drove less vigorously on the return avoiding heavy braking to cool them down

Checked when I got back and the finish on the discs is dull grey with a 'darker stripes' and marks going round the surface from the pads - discs look 'dirty' and marked - no mirror shine yet. - Found the warning in the manual to seek guidance before doing any track-type driving.

Should I have waited for the mirror shine to develop before pushing it?
What are the chances I have damaged the PSCB already?
How long does it take for the mirror shine to develop?

Any pointers welcome thanks.
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I was given no advice about the PSCB. I wouldn't consider 20-odd miles of spirited public road driving (particularly with passengers who may be induced to vomit over your lovely new interior 😁 ) to be in the category of "track-type" driving. But then again, I don't recall generating any unusual smells (at least, not from the car).
EDIT- I couldn't tell you what mine look like after 3000 miles, I've never inspected them and my wheel design (same as yours) doesn't make them particularly noticeable.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I was given no advice about the PSCB. I wouldn't consider 20-odd miles of spirited public road driving (particularly with passengers who may be induced to vomit over your lovely new interior 😁 ) to be in the category of "track-type" driving. But then again, I don't recall generating any unusual smells (at least, not from the car).
EDIT- I couldn't tell you what mine look like after 3000 miles, I've never inspected them and my wheel design (same as yours) doesn't make them particularly noticeable.
Thanks Paul - err it was pretty spirited ;) - but not all high speed - more slowing to low speed before accelerating - and my family are not small people - so a fair load on the brakes -

vomit-comet was mentioned by more than one which I why I headed home.

anyways your reply has given me some comfort - so thanks!

cheers
Sponsored