First Name
Jochen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hello everyone

I am the owner of a Volcano Grey Cross Turismo 4S with the 21" CT wheels. New Vossen Wheels HF5 in glossy black will be delivered in 2 weeks.

Personally, I find the Volcano color unremarkable. Because of this, I would like to change the color with a wrap. I am thinking of getting a satin matte wrap done.
Do you think this will result in a nice outcome? Or is a satin matte wrap a trend that has already passed? Have you seen any other options that could look nice in combination with the new wheels? Or is it a good idea to have the wheels delivered and installed first and then decide on the next step later?

Attached you'll find 2 pictures of an inspiration (and the Vossen wheels that will be deliverd soon) that i have found and 1 picture of my car now.

Thank you in advance for your insights!!

Porsche Taycan Satin matte wrap + Vossen HF5 FAIAs2QVIAAYeDq

Porsche Taycan Satin matte wrap + Vossen HF5 FAIAs1tWUAA8gbJ

Porsche Taycan Satin matte wrap + Vossen HF5 Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-05-21 om 12.26.20_d724a2eb

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Model Y
Country flag
If you’re going to spend money on a wrap why not change the color. NARDO GREY OR CHAUK are both excellent. If you like blackish then I would not wrap what you have but spend the 5k$ plus on PPF to protect the car

JIP1080

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I saw a mate black wrapped 4s sedan yesterday morning up close. It looked faded and 🫤. I say this to suggest ensuring you get something high quality and take care of it properly should you choose to wrap your car. The photos you posted look fantastic. The car I saw did not live up to those photos.
I'm terms of is the trend over or whatever - do what makes you smile regardless of tends. Consider that you should get the return on investment here, not others. You'll get the full range of 👍 to 👎 asking online. What brings YOU joy?

Bakerman911

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991 Targa, Porsche Taycan St, Mini JCW cab
Country flag
My Taycan ST is also Volcano Grey, I love it but satin matte black would be my second choice!!!

Porsche Taycan Satin matte wrap + Vossen HF5 Taycan ST

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
How about just satin ppf? I'd think that would pretty much achieve the effect you want?

OP
OP

BeTaycan

First Name
Jochen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
How about just satin ppf? I'd think that would pretty much achieve the effect you want?
Yes this can be an alternative.
I have found some pics of this application, but it is still to grey I think personally...

Porsche Taycan Satin matte wrap + Vossen HF5 20220428_185136

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Yep. Looks nicer than the black too 😃

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hello everyone

I am the owner of a Volcano Grey Cross Turismo 4S with the 21" CT wheels. New Vossen Wheels HF5 in glossy black will be delivered in 2 weeks.

Personally, I find the Volcano color unremarkable. Because of this, I would like to change the color with a wrap. I am thinking of getting a satin matte wrap done.
Do you think this will result in a nice outcome? Or is a satin matte wrap a trend that has already passed? Have you seen any other options that could look nice in combination with the new wheels? Or is it a good idea to have the wheels delivered and installed first and then decide on the next step later?

Attached you'll find 2 pictures of an inspiration (and the Vossen wheels that will be deliverd soon) that i have found and 1 picture of my car now.

Thank you in advance for your insights!!

FAIAs2QVIAAYeDq.jpeg

FAIAs1tWUAA8gbJ.jpeg

Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-05-21 om 12.26.20_d724a2eb.jpg
Hi Jochen,

I think the satin wrap with the vossen & the yellow calliper looks insane!!!

I'm also from Belgium & have also a grey volcano CT4s. Almost the same as yours but with the black CT rims & black calliper. I was thinking about wrapping it in China grey or Nardo grey but haven't found a reliable place to do it.

Where will you wrap your car?

Also what size are the vossen rims? Are they 22'?

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wrap it in Fjord Green, Oslo Blue or Ruby Star. Have some fun with it if you're going to the trouble.

That's my plan to keep things spicy with my lady once the thrill of ownership has worn off a bit. I'm not a matte anything fan.

parkslopedope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 e-tron GT prestige, 08 911 Carerra S
Country flag
The inspiration pic looks fantastic, as someone else stated if you go that route just make sure the quality is there.
Others opinions are irrelevant, you have to decide if it’s something you like and will still like for a couple of years (or whatever you deem to be your moneys worth )

best of luck and send pics once you decide.

Sharksailer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo, 2019 McLaren 720S
Country flag
Choosing to go with black wheels you can pick any color to wrap. I think a boulder color than gray or black would be a good choice? But that's only my opinion. I have yet to wrap my car and I was intending to do so. I waited until I received the wheels. Now I'm not sure if I want to wrap it or not?

Porsche Taycan Satin matte wrap + Vossen HF5 20240527_192230

Porsche Taycan Satin matte wrap + Vossen HF5 20240527_192200

Porsche Taycan Satin matte wrap + Vossen HF5 20240402_121714