Seating position 911 vs Taycan

Kimickc

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi. I have a 997 which on journeys more than 1 hr causes leg ache. I’m told this is due to being the wrong side of middle aged and a low slung seating position. Am thinking about getting Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (sport not available in Australia). Does anyone have any experience comparing seating positions between the two cars? cheers
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
The seat height is adjustable but at its lowest it has a battery underneath, I doubt it is as low as a 911 at its lowest though maybe similar if both at highest??
I am 73 and have no problem with getting in and out or any discomfort on long trips.
I have the 14 way comfort seats which have, frankly, more adjustment than I could imagine trying but given all the possibilities an uncomfortable position is a possibility!

Grayblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23' Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I had a 991.1, which had a lower seating position compared to my GTS ST. The 18 way seats have plenty of adjustments available to make it comfortable.

OP
OP

Kimickc

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for your thoughts. Most helpful.

OP
OP

Kimickc

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Saw this which was interesting where you can see your bum is the same height as your feet in both cars.

Porsche Taycan Seating position 911 vs Taycan IMG_3307

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Ingress and egress is a bit of a challenge on the Taycan based on the b-pillar and the dashboard design. Once you are in, I find it to be comfortable on long drives and I am of a similar vintage as you.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I have a 992 GTS with 18-ways and a Taycan 4S with 14-ways.

The Taycan is noticeably higher than the 911 with the seats in their lowest positions. I don’t know about higher because I’ve never moved the seats up.

I can get actual measurements from ground and floorboard for full up and full down when I get home this weekend (I’m currently out of town). I wanted to do that anyway.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Hi. I have a 997 which on journeys more than 1 hr causes leg ache. I’m told this is due to being the wrong side of middle aged and a low slung seating position. Am thinking about getting Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (sport not available in Australia). Does anyone have any experience comparing seating positions between the two cars? cheers
I am 68 and own a Taycan 4S CT and 992 Turbo S. driving position in both is fine. Both are low to get in and out of but no issues so far. I have 18 way sports seats on both.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I would recommend probing a bit deeper the actual cause of the leg pain: where exactly does it occur, what makes it better, what is the difference in posture with other cars where you notice or not the same etc.

i have a 996 and i find the driver position to be near identical to that in the Taycan - when i adjust it to be the same relative to dash, pedals etc.
my algo is:
- seat height at lowest
- leg should have a slight bend with pedal depressed fully
- elbows should have a slight bend when rested at the top of the steering wheel

I’ve had an issue with my sciatic nerve a few years ago, and as far as i can tell the most important aspect in seating oneself properly is to ensure the weight is evenly distributed on the seat cushion, and the back is pressed against the seat back - ie no rounding of the angle formed by the seat elements. I can drive for hours without pain. (The frequent charging stops make for stretching breaks, and I’ve done several 15-20hr drives that way. In the Elf i can go 4-5 hrs - it’s extremely comfortable if you ignore the noise.)

OP
OP

Kimickc

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a 992 GTS with 18-ways and a Taycan 4S with 14-ways.

The Taycan is noticeably higher than the 911 with the seats in their lowest positions. I don’t know about higher because I’ve never moved the seats up.

I can get actual measurements from ground and floorboard for full up and full down when I get home this weekend (I’m currently out of town). I wanted to do that anyway.
that’s very helpful thanks

OP
OP

Kimickc

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
that’s very helpful thanks
I get quite an ache in my left hip after even a short journey now. I have the standard seats and have been on google looking for a solution (to no real avail).

OP
OP

Kimickc

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would recommend probing a bit deeper the actual cause of the leg pain: where exactly does it occur, what makes it better, what is the difference in posture with other cars where you notice or not the same etc.

i have a 996 and i find the driver position to be near identical to that in the Taycan - when i adjust it to be the same relative to dash, pedals etc.
my algo is:
- seat height at lowest
- leg should have a slight bend with pedal depressed fully
- elbows should have a slight bend when rested at the top of the steering wheel

I’ve had an issue with my sciatic nerve a few years ago, and as far as i can tell the most important aspect in seating oneself properly is to ensure the weight is evenly distributed on the seat cushion, and the back is pressed against the seat back - ie no rounding of the angle formed by the seat elements. I can drive for hours without pain. (The frequent charging stops make for stretching breaks, and I’ve done several 15-20hr drives that way. In the Elf i can go 4-5 hrs - it’s extremely comfortable if you ignore the noise.)
Yes I think a physiotherapist and ask them. I have had my 997 for 18 years and it’s only recently been issue. I used to love driving long journeys.

OP
OP

Kimickc

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I get quite an ache in my left hip after even a short journey now. I have the standard seats and have been on google looking for a solution (to no real avail).
I post what my physio says which may help you. It may be a while as I am overseas at moment.
Sponsored