Sleeping Police/Speed humps

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Went over a speed hump yesterday (not particularly fast) but forgot I was in range mode and had a scrape.

Does anyone know what this is and how serious? Sort of front middle.

Car seems ok and no issues - charges and drives fine too.

Any ideas from anyone…

Porsche Taycan Sleeping Police/Speed humps 225CD22A-EAF5-49E4-930F-122181D4F7BA

Porsche Taycan Sleeping Police/Speed humps AEEA1EC2-B265-4D8C-A5F5-EC0CE0F8B8AB

Porsche Taycan Sleeping Police/Speed humps FBF33580-9BE6-4F7C-A162-72C2544C4E1B

Porsche Taycan Sleeping Police/Speed humps FD116FE5-EEFC-43BC-8E9B-63D0E616BB88

Porsche Taycan Sleeping Police/Speed humps 7FFCDB0A-395F-4D33-87C6-360AF2784975

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Recommend that you either zoom out with your photo or describe the location of this damage.

OP
OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Recommend that you either zoom out with your photo or describe the location of this damage.
I don’t know if this helps but it’s almost in the middle of the front undertray approx the same position as where the sensor shown under the number plate. It’s also about 50cm further back from the front bumper. I am not sure if this is just a central screw/washer mount that’s been destroyed or something worse.

Porsche Taycan Sleeping Police/Speed humps 1F5794ED-E3B2-4949-94E4-0105BE35E61E

Porsche Taycan Sleeping Police/Speed humps 308650E3-17C6-485C-8860-CB019CA3C436

Porsche Taycan Sleeping Police/Speed humps A112EA6C-3FF8-439D-BCFD-889348542CC7

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
That looks like a seriously mangled bolt that should have been protected by being recessed. If it's no longer securing whatever is above it then it needs fixing and might involve a lot of work to get at. But that might not be at your cost if the bolt wasn't correctly recessed like the similar ones around it.

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' BMW X5, 22' Taycan GTS
Country flag
That looks like a seriously mangled bolt that should have been protected by being recessed. If it's no longer securing whatever is above it then it needs fixing and might involve a lot of work to get at. But that might not be at your cost if the bolt wasn't correctly recessed like the similar ones around it.
I also hit a little bin on the highway that the truck in front of me just went over without touching. Scraped up the front lip under the car - not visible from above.
I just ordered a replacement lip. 270 US dollars. Looks very easy to replace on own. If you can get the bolt off, suspect won’t be big deal.

on second look, I wonder if that is even a bolt. May be just mangled plastic

Deleted member 6348

Porsche intentionally prices its front lips affordably. It is a wear and tear item.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I also hit a little bin on the highway that the truck in front of me just went over without touching. Scraped up the front lip under the car - not visible from above.
I just ordered a replacement lip. 270 US dollars. Looks very easy to replace on own. If you can get the bolt off, suspect won’t be big deal.

on second look, I wonder if that is even a bolt. May be just mangled plastic
I don't see damage in the photo of the front lip...I thought it was showing the intact front lip central retaining screw, which is in line with the damaged bolt that's further back and on the chassis undertray.

OP
OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't see damage in the photo of the front lip...I thought it was showing the intact front lip central retaining screw, which is in line with the damaged bolt that's further back and on the chassis undertray.
Yes its on the felt undertray -as per the photos. The front lip is spotless. What I cannot tell is whether its a bolt, and more importantly what it connects to and if that has caused any bigger damage.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes its on the felt undertray -as per the photos. The front lip is spotless. What I cannot tell is whether its a bolt, and more importantly what it connects to and if that has caused any bigger damage.
If not a bolt could it be a plastic drain plug for water?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I just remembered this vid which from around 3:00 has a good look at the underside. I was thinking that your damage was to the solid undertray, but I see now that the front undertray is different and likely much less rigid...hence it not protecting the recessed bolt. Perhaps the front undertray bolts are just to hold it in place, so less likely than the main undertray ones to have some additional function securing other components above them?

OP
OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just remembered this vid which from around 3:00 has a good look at the underside. I was thinking that your damage was to the solid undertray, but I see now that the front undertray is different and likely much less rigid...hence it not protecting the recessed bolt. Perhaps the front undertray bolts are just to hold it in place, so less likely than the main undertray ones to have some additional function securing other components above them?
Thanks - useful and good to know. Now to see how easily I can get that replaced and for how much…
Sponsored