Spacers on 20" Turbo S Wheels

e92er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Hadn't seen a thread on this but thought I should post for anyone wondering.
After some time looking at threads on here, I bought 12mm spacers from 4wheelspaces. Installed them last week and gave the car a good week to settle back down before taking some pics.
As you can see in the pics, for the 20" Turbo S wheels, 12mm isn't enough. I like a nice flush fitment and both the fronts and rears still look far too sunken in. I took it by a local Euro shop who felt atleast another 5mm on both front and rear to get it closer to the look I'm looking for.
For comparison, a friend of mine got his GT4 the same time as I got my GTS. His GT4 came stock with an absolutely perfect stance.

Porsche Taycan Spacers on 20" Turbo S Wheels IMG_7057.JPG

Porsche Taycan Spacers on 20" Turbo S Wheels IMG_7056.JPG

Tucson_Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan turbo
Country flag
Seems like any spacers would create greater inside tire wear. If so, you’re paying an ongoing price for the look. Thoughts, anyone?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Seems like any spacers would create greater inside tire wear. If so, you’re paying an ongoing price for the look. Thoughts, anyone?
Yeah I actually cancelled an order for spacers from the same shop the OP used as was concerned re alignment/camber and indeed uneven thread wear, esp with these soft as heck Pirellis.

I managed to get that 'flush' look with Michelin PS4S's on my M4 by purchasing wheels with the right et offsets that didn't require using spacers, a more preferable way to go imo (but of course way more expensive!). I do like my funky Porsche 'off-road design' wheels though so for now have settled for with what I have!

OP
OP
e92er

e92er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Yeah I actually cancelled an order for spacers from the same shop the OP used as was concerned re alignment/camber and indeed uneven thread wear, esp with these soft as heck Pirellis.

I managed to get that 'flush' look with Michelin PS4S's on my M4 by purchasing wheels with the right et offsets that didn't require using spacers, a more preferable way to go imo (but of course way more expensive!). I do like my funky Porsche 'off-road design' wheels though so for now have settled for with what I have!
I'll keep an eye on the inside wear but I think it's worth it for the look if it looks "perfect." I've had spacers on most of my cars for almost 15 years and haven't had any noticeable issues with uneven wear.
New rims that fit better is obviously the best answer! Probably what I'm going to wind up doing next year when I get bored with the look.

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag

There is absolutely no difference between using spacers or having a custom wheel made with a different offset unless you also change the wheel width and subsequently the tire width, if the new width stretches the sidewall, to maintain the exact same centerline, AKA scrub radius as the factory setup.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
There is absolutely no difference between using spacers or having a custom wheel made with a different offset unless you also change the wheel width and subsequently the tire width, if the new width stretches the sidewall, to maintain the exact same centerline, AKA scrub radius as the factory setup.
Yep had increased width on the M4.
Sponsored