STL Taycans?

Annikita

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Base
Country flag
Any STL owners out there? Ours is due 3/19. We never see them on the road.
Sponsored

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I was the second or third Taycan owner in St. Louis. Bought it right when the pandemic started because several people who ordered canceled before delivery not knowing with was going to happen with Covid. Starting to see more around town. Most people who are interested in a Taycan around STL love them but say they are too expensive and just couldn’t pull the trigger.

OP
OP

Annikita

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Base
Country flag
I was the second or third Taycan owner in St. Louis. Bought it right when the pandemic started because several people who ordered canceled before delivery not knowing with was going to happen with Covid. Starting to see more around town. Most people who are interested in a Taycan around STL love them but say they are too expensive and just couldn’t pull the trigger.
Cool! Our hybrid was stolen and it was never found so we decided to go electric. We were certain we were getting a Tesla, never having actually been in one, and found ourselves very disappointed in the lack of quality. As we started to research options we discovered the Taycan and pulled the trigger. Do you know if the dealership has a charger yet?

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
Visited friends out there and did a quick search - couldn’t find a single EA charger in the area. Besides Taycans, there are hardly any EVs period. You guys are pioneers out there with your Taycans

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Cool! Our hybrid was stolen and it was never found so we decided to go electric. We were certain we were getting a Tesla, never having actually been in one, and found ourselves very disappointed in the lack of quality. As we started to research options we discovered the Taycan and pulled the trigger. Do you know if the dealership has a charger yet?
Checking on the dealer charging should not be difficult, but most are holding out to last minute due to cost $500K+ to get proper charging available for customers.

I drove to St. Louis in a tester from Indianapolis and had no issues charging at EA stations along route or north of town in a very crowded shopping area where Walmart is located.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
They’re rare in STL. I’ve only seen two in the wild.

Nachyomama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Picking mine up in stl. Dealer said mid February but TYD says 3/11? Boat about to dock in Baltimore

OP
OP

Annikita

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Base
Country flag
Visited friends out there and did a quick search - couldn’t find a single EA charger in the area. Besides Taycans, there are hardly any EVs period. You guys are pioneers out there with your Taycans
Yes I believe there is only 1 and it’s not in STL proper nor that close. Thankfully I am less concerned about hometown chargers since we have a setup at home. I totally agree, EV isn’t a big thing in MO.

OP
OP

Annikita

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Base
Country flag
Picking mine up in stl. Dealer said mid February but TYD says 3/11? Boat about to dock in Baltimore
The dealer also told us that deliveries are often ahead of schedule and while ours says 3/19 it will be late February ?. I think he lives in a different space-time continuum than the rest of the world right now.

Moto_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Sport Tourismo (waiting on allotment)
Country flag
Just stumbled over this post. I’m in West StL and see Taycans regularly. Tesla still holds the 100:1 ratio on all other full EVs here since I’ve been paying attention this calendar year.

I have seen several black, white, volcano gray, and gentian blue models around. I get excited when I see a Carmine red or Frozen blue out there. There was a woman picking up a Frozen berry when I was putting my deposit down around Valentine’s Day.

I’m in an E-Tron until my ST GTS arrives (who knows when?!). I am always eager to see them in person as my allocation hasn’t dropped at the dealer yet and I’m still unsure which exterior color to go with.