Strange charging issue, have others experience something similar?

ODC

First Name
Olivier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Hello everyone,

My Tacan ST is 2 weeks old and I'm enjoying it a lot.
But In the last 2 weeks I have encountered a strange issue. At home I have a charging box from MINI (it came with my Mini Countryman Hybride) so never bought something else because it always worked perfectly.
I used it on my Audi Q4 ETRON without any problems and also my brothers bigger Etron didn't encounter any problems. Okay sometimes an occasional error at start that I needed to put out the charging cable and put it back in.

But with my Taycan every time it's start with a red charging light. I need to put the cable out and when I put it back it get's a green light and it's charging correctly to 100%. I have charged the car 3 times now and 3 times it happend. I have always charged at the double port side (fast charging port). I didn't tried the normal side to see if it would happen and I also didn't tried if it would happen with the mobile charger that came with my Taycan.
Gonna try those 2 in the next week.

But in the meanwhile someone else had this problem?
Could it be that there is some communication error at first between my MINI charging box and the Taycan because at second time it always works and don't stop until reaching 100%
Sponsored

Randylip

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan
Country flag
Hello everyone,

My Tacan ST is 2 weeks old and I'm enjoying it a lot.
But In the last 2 weeks I have encountered a strange issue. At home I have a charging box from MINI (it came with my Mini Countryman Hybride) so never bought something else because it always worked perfectly.
I used it on my Audi Q4 ETRON without any problems and also my brothers bigger Etron didn't encounter any problems. Okay sometimes an occasional error at start that I needed to put out the charging cable and put it back in.

But with my Taycan every time it's start with a red charging light. I need to put the cable out and when I put it back it get's a green light and it's charging correctly to 100%. I have charged the car 3 times now and 3 times it happend. I have always charged at the double port side (fast charging port). I didn't tried the normal side to see if it would happen and I also didn't tried if it would happen with the mobile charger that came with my Taycan.
Gonna try those 2 in the next week.

But in the meanwhile someone else had this problem?
Could it be that there is some communication error at first between my MINI charging box and the Taycan because at second time it always works and don't stop until reaching 100%

Randylip

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan
Country flag
I have a 22 Taycan and was having problems with the supplied charger over heating the wire from charger to car, was told to reduce charge to 50% (about 10 months ago) Now charger was recalled for Overheating and we were told to go out and buy new charger up to reimbursed $600.00 Bought and installed a Juice 40 amp works perfectly now. Maybe you need to reduce charge amount?
Sponsored