Take a new 2024 or wait for a 2025?

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
I'm very biased because I have extrapolated my small sample size experience into a conviction that the final year of model runs are way more reliable than the first year of new model runs. As you say you don't plan to keep it more than three years, perhaps that doesn't matter so much to you.

But I will go against the crowd and vote for taking the 2024 primarily for this reason.
Lots of changes in the MY25 but also a fair bit of tech carried over from MY24. If I were considering buying, I'd wait to see how the first 6 months of MY25 recall volume looks and then place an order timed for a build after the summer factory retooling. Allocations might not allow for that, but that would be my ideal / mitigation against the year 1 shakedown.
Sponsored

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
If you still have the choice I would definitely go for a new one. The new RWD gets way more standard equipment (air suspension, larger battery, sports chrono...) which you needed to pay extra for in the 2024. I configured a new RWD in the new configurator and it came out 10k cheaper than my current RWD with the same options. Also, the new RWD is faster, charges faster, goes further and will depreciate less...
Wondering what the actual difference is feel wise on that acceleration increase. 🤞

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
OK. Need some advice. I wandered into a dealership a few weeks ago for my two year service and was offered a pull ahead on my current lease and about $22,000 off RWD my dealer had coming in. I decided to take them up on it. Unfortunately, that car has been sitting at the port for several weeks due to this microchip issue and there’s no sign of it being released. Now you can a 2025. Is a better just to wait for the new technology at this point? Not sure I get $22,000 off again but can probably make up most of it via the $7500 Porsche rebate, and some discounting I imagine, the EV market remains soft, so I imagine Porsche will remain somewhat aggressive on pricing. Even if I lose the steeper discount they were using to account for the upcoming refresh.
Or just wait three more years for the next gen.

RamTwins

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS CT
Country flag
I have a pending delivery set for this week but haven't finalized since I'm still debating between the 24 and 25. While I see the range improvements to be huge wins for the 25 model, I am currently due to take delivery of a 24 GTS Sport Turismo allocation at my local dealer. I love the GTS and of course can't get in the 25 model right now. Maybe I take the 3yr lease option and then switch to an upgraded 25 GTS when it's available and perhaps at a lower price maybe? I don't know. So torn at this point.

OP
OP
biohoodc

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Tesla 3, Taycan
Country flag
I have a pending delivery set for this week but haven't finalized since I'm still debating between the 24 and 25. While I see the range improvements to be huge wins for the 25 model, I am currently due to take delivery of a 24 GTS Sport Turismo allocation at my local dealer. I love the GTS and of course can't get in the 25 model right now. Maybe I take the 3yr lease option and then switch to an upgraded 25 GTS when it's available and perhaps at a lower price maybe? I don't know. So torn at this point.
I was torn until the last moment. I did take delivery on Friday, after my car finally got off the port and to the dealer. No regrets! Especially when being served with recall notices for my model year 22 just this past week. Already seeing the minor tweaks, they’ve done internally to things as basic as how the windows roll up, as validation of being on a more proven platform. I also went the lease route, because it feels like the technology on these things is changing too rapidly.

RamTwins

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS CT
Country flag
I was torn until the last moment. I did take delivery on Friday, after my car finally got off the port and to the dealer. No regrets! Especially when being served with recall notices for my model year 22 just this past week. Already seeing the minor tweaks, they’ve done internally to things as basic as how the windows roll up, as validation of being on a more proven platform. I also went the lease route, because it feels like the technology on these things is changing too rapidly.
I agree with you. It has been a tough decision but in the end, I think I'll go ahead and take delivery this week. Excellent incentives from Porsche and my local dealer so I'll take comfort in making a well informed decision. Glad you have no regrets. I'm sure I'll feel the same this Friday. Can't hardly wait.

mr_robs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Supra
Country flag
Curious if yall can / want to share the incentives or discount offered on an order vs a vehicle in inventory vehicle. I imagine there are a few other people in this scenario waiting an additional ~3 mo longer than anticipated for their MY24’s

RamTwins

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS CT
Country flag
Curious if yall can / want to share the incentives or discount offered on an order vs a vehicle in inventory vehicle. I imagine there are a few other people in this scenario waiting an additional ~3 mo longer than anticipated for their MY24’s
For my GTS Turismo MY24 offer was $24,500 off and an additional $7500 for the lease.
Sponsored