backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
While I've started an order on a 4S Cross Turismo (not locked yet), I gazed over this page: https://www.porsche.com/international/fuel-consumption/ and noticed that the 4S Sport Turismo has significantly more WLTP range. Any idea why? It makes me a bit anxious thinking that I didn't make the best choice. I'm not quite clear where this difference comes from given that they both have the same battery.
Sponsored

RaidenTsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY20 E-tron 55. Taycan Cross Turismo 4 ordered
Country flag
Porsche is too lazy (joking) to homologate current models. WTLP of ST line and GTS models reflect the improvements made by drivetrain optimization

OP
OP
backslashed

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Porsche is too lazy (joking) to homologate current models. WTLP of ST line and GTS models reflect the improvements made by drivetrain optimization
Do you mean to say that software updates coming with the Cross Turismo will determine it to have the same efficiency and range as the Sport Turismo but Porsche did not update those numbers?

When you say “drivetrain optimizations” I am not sure if you are referring to software or mechanics.

RaidenTsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY20 E-tron 55. Taycan Cross Turismo 4 ordered
Country flag
Do you mean to say that software updates coming with the Cross Turismo will determine it to have the same efficiency and range as the Sport Turismo but Porsche did not update those numbers?

When you say “drivetrain optimizations” I am not sure if you are referring to software or mechanics.
Sorry for the confusion.

In August 2021, Porsche announced the following optimization here.
"Extensive technological developments have been implemented to achieve this increase. In Normal and Range modes, the front electric motor is almost completely decoupled and de-energised in the partial load range in the all-wheel drive models. Furthermore, no drive is transmitted to either axle when the car is coasting or at a standstill. This electric freewheel function reduces drag losses. The motors are switched on again within milliseconds only when the driver requests more power or changes the driving mode."

In the same announcement, they also mentioned that "The new Taycan model year (MY22) will not be homologated separately, so there will not be any new WLTP range values." This applies to sedan and Cross Turismo versions. Sedan's and Cross Turismo's GTS model was launched later, as well as ST with newly homologated WLTP numbers. In practice, you should observe a bit less but really close range than ST 4s.

OP
OP
backslashed

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Sorry for the confusion.

In August 2021, Porsche announced the following optimization here.
"Extensive technological developments have been implemented to achieve this increase. In Normal and Range modes, the front electric motor is almost completely decoupled and de-energised in the partial load range in the all-wheel drive models. Furthermore, no drive is transmitted to either axle when the car is coasting or at a standstill. This electric freewheel function reduces drag losses. The motors are switched on again within milliseconds only when the driver requests more power or changes the driving mode."

In the same announcement, they also mentioned that "The new Taycan model year (MY22) will not be homologated separately, so there will not be any new WLTP range values." This applies to sedan and Cross Turismo versions. Sedan's and Cross Turismo's GTS model was launched later, as well as ST with newly homologated WLTP numbers. In practice, you should observe a bit less but really close range than ST 4s.
Awesome! This makes me super happy! Thanks for the great news! My car will be produced in Germany in June.
Sponsored