Taycan Active Parking Assist not working in NYC

Av0789

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5
Country flag
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone else has this happen to them. The last two times I drove to Manhattan from NJ, the second I entered out of the tunnel into the city, the active parking support showed not available. I was extremely frustrated because the city is where it is most needed, I left the car parked and locked. Turned it back on and it is still not available, left manhattan, the second I entered jersey city, it shows available. Since this happened twice, it is hard for it to be coincidental. It has worked in the other boroughs or any suburb. Does anyone know if there is some liability issue where Porsche has blocked use of it in Manhattan, seems very weird….
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Don't know about Manhattan specifically – but its definitely location aware. Porsche recently announced that Active Parking Assist was now available in – wait for it – The Vatican!

🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Autonomous parking is not legal in NY therefore its GPS-disabled.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Don't know about Manhattan specifically – but its definitely location aware. Porsche recently announced that Active Parking Assist was now available in – wait for it – The Vatican!

🤷‍♀️
Hmm.... Is Taycan vying to be the next pope-mobile?

OP
OP

Av0789

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5
Country flag
Autonomous parking is not legal in NY therefore its GPS-disabled.
Hmm this is specific to Porsche? I have other cars that parallel park in NY with no problems.