Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Especially since, as far as I know, they haven’t made any this year. I ordered one. Then canceled after 4 months after the order they said no clue about delivery

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera GTS
Country flag
That thing is joke - made for video games not a premium vehicle.
It has very impressive acceleration. Which is “cool”. However, once you get beyond that….
And yeah, Premium is not a word that can be used in the same sentence as Tesla.
Still not sure how they were even legally allowed to get away with that wheel, buttons and “gear shift” combination. Dangerous and stupid.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
It has very impressive acceleration. Which is “cool”. However, once you get beyond that….
And yeah, Premium is not a word that can be used in the same sentence as Tesla.
Still not sure how they were even legally allowed to get away with that wheel, buttons and “gear shift” combination. Dangerous and stupid.
Agreed. No gear shift lever/actuator/stalk is straight up DUMB. Screen goes out: no drive.

I didn't want to use the word luxury - so settled on premium. (vs. Kia, GM, etc...)

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
At $69k, it was pretty competitive. At $89k it's losing a lot of appeal, especially with the other vehicles hitting the market in the next 6-18 months. BMW i4, Lucid Air, Audi A6 E-tron, etc. It's now pushing Taycan 4S and MB EQS pricing.

The Model X may be even worse at $99k. The Rivian R1S starts at $70k with more room, serious off-road capability, and better acceleration. The Audi E-tron around $65k with better luxury and much lower cost. Finally the BMW iX at $85k in a completely different league in terms of luxury.

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera GTS
Country flag
I didn't want to use the word luxury - so settled on premium. (vs. Kia, GM, etc...)
Yeah, fair enough. Although for this sort of money, you would at least expect leather seats. ?

OP
OP
chrisk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
$90k and NOT eligible for the $7500 federal tax credit in the US..

(However, I am not sure how long the other manufacturers will be eligible for the credit either.)

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I f I was interested in buying a tesla I suppose this would be of interest, but for better or worse I am sticking with the taycan

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
my first EV was a leaf with 87 miles of range, their BMS was terrible and in a few years the battery degradation took almost 1/3 of the car's range. I think that they fixed the issue in addition until this year their fast charging was chademo only but I think that too has changed.
but the cars are still not selling well. i

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
my first EV was a leaf with 87 miles of range, their BMS was terrible and in a few years the battery degradation took almost 1/3 of the car's range. I think that they fixed the issue in addition until this year their fast charging was chademo only but I think that too has changed.
but the cars are still not selling well. i
Fair points, but I nevertheless welcome economy options for people who want an EV.
Sponsored