Torn between 2 interiors... Help me decide!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Thanks for your reply!

I'm curious about the A/C comment. Are you saying that the the A/C will have to work harder because of the black interior (which is all you get with Race-Tex) and how it will absorb more heat?

The GTS w/Premium Package does include the thermally insulated windows so I wonder if that will help.

I wonder how much harder though. I don't do long drives though so I am probably not worried about range.
I am sure thermally insulated glass helps but is inevitable a black interior will absorb more radiation than the pale one.
Black has been fashionable on sporty cars for decades but was always naturally the hottest in the sun and uses more energy to keep cool.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tayCanadian

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
unless you live in the UK where you'll just need heated seats whatever colour you get....
Worse, I live in Canada!!! Not really planning to drive the car in winter though.

Yugi

First Name
Yugesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica hybrid pinnacle
Country flag
Option 2 for me, leather looks better. I do agree that Option 2 is an unGTS option.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Having just got my race-tex GTS delivered yesterday (don't worry guys, you'll get pics soon enough), I'm very happy with the race-tex. The seats are great, though I'm still trying to find the exact right 18-way configuration for best comfort for me. I will say that I wish the steering wheel were were a tiny bit more plush for my preference, but that may just be me.

OP
OP
tayCanadian

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Having just got my race-tex GTS delivered yesterday (don't worry guys, you'll get pics soon enough), I'm very happy with the race-tex. The seats are great, though I'm still trying to find the exact right 18-way configuration for best comfort for me. I will say that I wish the steering wheel were were a tiny bit more plush for my preference, but that may just be me.
Is it soon enough yet? :D

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Is it soon enough yet? :D
Ha, sorry, been too busy driving it around, putting a ceramic coating on it, and selling my old car . Planning to take a nice drive tomorrow and have a bit of a photo shoot with it though. Have patience, good things come to those who wait.

If there are any particular shots you'd like to see though, let me know

OP
OP
tayCanadian

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ha, sorry, been too busy driving it around, putting a ceramic coating on it, and selling my old car . Planning to take a nice drive tomorrow and have a bit of a photo shoot with it though. Have patience, good things come to those who wait.

If there are any particular shots you'd like to see though, let me know
The exterior for sure, what with the acid green paint job.

But for my purposes, as many photos as you can share of the Race tex interior.. up close shots too if you don't mind, especially on the dash/instrument panel.

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
tayCanadian

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks to everyone for your inputs, advice and opinions.

I went to a dealership on the other side of town last weekend as they had a pre-owned Taycan with Race-Tex interior.

After seeing it, I've decided that it really isn't for me. I love it on the headliner and B-pillar trim where I will option it, however on the seats, console and steering wheel is another story. The car I saw had 15,000 kilometres and the the steering wheel was very matted down. I'm sure it can be revived, but I'm not a person with the time to do that work.

I also saw a sample of the chalk/crayon interior and wasn't in love with it. I agree with the few who said that the light exterior (chalk) should be complemented with a dark interior.

So the final decision is that I'll be going with the classic black leather interior but will give it some pop with the neodyme trims.

Here's what it will look like!

Porsche Taycan Torn between 2 interiors... Help me decide! iris-16
Porsche Taycan Torn between 2 interiors... Help me decide! iris-17