TSB: For Recall ARA5 - Checking High-Voltage Battery and Replacing Cell Block Module if Necessary - May 8, 2024

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
I am mildly curious why the communication and plan is so bad on this. If it is just risk management vs. cost, or if part tracking systems , sourcing etc are messed up and they simply don’t know or something else. But it seems fairly straightforward and even the repair seems fairly obvious replace the pack or cells, the counts of cars don’t seem wild it is strange the communication is so bad.
I am fairly new to Porsche, and love the Taycan, the dealer I use is interestingly pretty amazing too. The communication from Porsche is really poor. On another recall for the EV charger cable voucher or check… I chose voucher because I figured I would need tires soon or I would replace the front valance I scraped a little on a curb and snapped part of… 7 day turn around to get an emailed voucher…, 2 months later…. They have had a “manager” working on my EV cable recall voucher for over a month. I have called in to check the status mostly because they kept stating delivery dates and missing them. If someone is actually working on it I expect a very bespoke email with the voucher which includes lots of specialized add ins and PTS fonts.
Sponsored

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I received the letter for recall ARA5 ...
Thanks for letting us know the letters are being sent. I haven't gotten a letter yet and am taking my 2022 RWD in for 20,000 miles service in six days. If I get a letter I'll let y'all know.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Didn't your car already have 11 or so battery modules replaced months ago? Or was that someone else.
No that was me. Car has been in the shop anyways this past month for failed charging again. The saga never ends.

TLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS; 2021 Honda Accord; 2015 911(sold)
Country flag
I received the ARA5 letter a couple of week ago. At the dealership today for the WPN9 (just begining to feel well enough to take it in) asked the service advisor about ARA5, he couldn’t find anything for my vehicle, however, he had someone in the section here that actually does the servicing and she was able to see that an OTA check was done either by Porsche North America or Germany, the battery checked out fine so the ARA5 recall was cleared OTA and supposedly that’s why the service tech couldn’t find/see it.

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I received the ARA5 letter a couple of week ago. At the dealership today for the WPN9 (just begining to feel well enough to take it in) asked the service advisor about ARA5, he couldn’t find anything for my vehicle, however, he had someone in the section here that actually does the servicing and she was able to see that an OTA check was done either by Porsche North America or Germany, the battery checked out fine so the ARA5 recall was cleared OTA and supposedly that’s why the service tech couldn’t find/see it.
Thanks for sharing.
Good that your car got a good result from the OTA VAL analysis for recall ARA5.
Per the TSB, customers are to be contacted about the test result:
Porsche Taycan TSB: For Recall ARA5 - Checking High-Voltage Battery and Replacing Cell Block Module if Necessary - May 8, 2024 1717693421479-mz

Last edited: