Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
open to the public from March 8 – 12 in downtown Austin

https://press.porsche.com/prod/pres...eversionid=1536475&archive=10&hl=modelle-news

U.S. debut of the new all-electric Porsche Taycan and Macan will take center stage at South by Southwest®

Spotlighting art, culture and innovation, Porsche’s return to South by Southwest® (SXSW®) for its third year will celebrate its past, present and future. Its exhibit will be open to the public from March 8 – 12 in downtown Austin (Brazos Hall at 204 E. 4th St.) and mark the U.S. reveal of the new all-electric Taycan and the new, and all-electric, Macan. Once inside the exhibit, the “Porsche Full Service” experience, – a speak-easy-inspired, roadside attraction – guests will be immersed in a brand experience that inspires sharable moments. Centered on brand stories and collaborations, daily panel discussions will include partners such as Bose, RIMOWA, and HIF, alongside a footprint by Porsche Drive, the brand’s vehicle subscription and rental program. Porsche will also host an evening concert on Saturday, March 9.

“South by Southwest is the perfect setting to unveil the new all-electric Taycan and Macan in the U.S.,” said Ayesha Coker, Vice President of Marketing for Porsche Cars North America, Inc. “The festival draws attendees from countless industries who celebrate new tech and innovation and we can’t wait to show off our latest developments in electrification. We hope guests enjoy seeing the new Taycan and the Macan for the first time, and come take part in our immersive installation, which will include daily panel discussions with our brand partners.”

Further details on Porsche activities and panel discussions at SXSW are available here.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
open to the public from March 8 – 12 in downtown Austin

https://press.porsche.com/prod/pres...eversionid=1536475&archive=10&hl=modelle-news

U.S. debut of the new all-electric Porsche Taycan and Macan will take center stage at South by Southwest®

Spotlighting art, culture and innovation, Porsche’s return to South by Southwest® (SXSW®) for its third year will celebrate its past, present and future. Its exhibit will be open to the public from March 8 – 12 in downtown Austin (Brazos Hall at 204 E. 4th St.) and mark the U.S. reveal of the new all-electric Taycan and the new, and all-electric, Macan. Once inside the exhibit, the “Porsche Full Service” experience, – a speak-easy-inspired, roadside attraction – guests will be immersed in a brand experience that inspires sharable moments. Centered on brand stories and collaborations, daily panel discussions will include partners such as Bose, RIMOWA, and HIF, alongside a footprint by Porsche Drive, the brand’s vehicle subscription and rental program. Porsche will also host an evening concert on Saturday, March 9.

“South by Southwest is the perfect setting to unveil the new all-electric Taycan and Macan in the U.S.,” said Ayesha Coker, Vice President of Marketing for Porsche Cars North America, Inc. “The festival draws attendees from countless industries who celebrate new tech and innovation and we can’t wait to show off our latest developments in electrification. We hope guests enjoy seeing the new Taycan and the Macan for the first time, and come take part in our immersive installation, which will include daily panel discussions with our brand partners.”

Further details on Porsche activities and panel discussions at SXSW are available here.
Hmm

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I’ll be headed there today to check it out

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Also worth noting that seemingly none of the staff were from Porsche, likely all contractors.

The kind lady next to the Taycan GTS inside told me “this is our fastest model going 0-60 in 2.4 seconds!”

I just smiled and nodded. Poor people are trying 😂

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Also worth noting that seemingly none of the staff were from Porsche, likely all contractors.

The kind lady next to the Taycan GTS inside told me “this is our fastest model going 0-60 in 2.4 seconds!”

I spoke briefly with Ayesha Coker, who is the head of marketing for Porsche, and congratulated her on the setup. I agree in terms of Porsche content it was pretty light, but the more hardcore among us were not the desired audience. I was pleased to see people lining up to take photos in a car I can proudly say I own… I thought overall it was worth 30 minutes of time. The new Taycan is what you see in pics - no difference. A little more in line with the Macan EV’s styling and a little sleeker/uniform. The back bits in the Turbo are plastic and seem a bit forced. Nothing I’d upgrade for…. But to each their own.

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I spoke briefly with Ayesha Coker, who is the head of marketing for Porsche, and congratulated her on the setup. I agree in terms of Porsche content it was pretty light, but the more hardcore among us were not the desired audience. I was pleased to see people lining up to take photos in a car I can proudly say I own… I thought overall it was worth 30 minutes of time. The new Taycan is what you see in pics - no difference. A little more in line with the Macan EV’s styling and a little sleeker/uniform. The back bits in the Turbo are plastic and seem a bit forced. Nothing I’d upgrade for…. But to each their own.
Good point. Most of the people in line near me seemed to not even be sure what they were waiting for. 😂

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Girl behind me in line, after asking what was inside - "Porsche has an electric car?" She also didn't know the musician Beck, which made me feel super duper old. Trying to explain to a 20-something who Beck is... never thought I'd be there.

I got stuck waiting for 30 minutes in the sun in the SXSW badge line before they told me I had to get in the other "General Admission" line around the corner for the non-SXSW schlubs, upon which I promptly walked out of line, walked behind the new .2 Taycan that was roped off and joined a group of "badge" guys at the front and just walked right on in. Once inside nobody noticed I didn't have a badge. Sometimes having a sense of entitlement pays off... Taycan owners have unspoken privileges :)

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Girl behind me in line, after asking what was inside - "Porsche has an electric car?" She also didn't know the musician Beck, which made me feel super duper old. Trying to explain to a 20-something who Beck is... never thought I'd be there.

I got stuck waiting for 30 minutes in the sun in the SXSW badge line before they told me I had to get in the other "General Admission" line around the corner for the non-SXSW schlubs, upon which I promptly walked out of line, walked behind the new .2 Taycan that was roped off and joined a group of "badge" guys at the front and just walked right on in. Once inside nobody noticed I didn't have a badge. Sometimes having a sense of entitlement pays off... Taycan owners have unspoken privileges :)
I’m actually glad I didn’t have to wait with the SXSW folks….insufferable

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag

Is it me, or does the GTS look way better than the other one? 😏