Country flag
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@PointsMeanPrizes , how did you find out the next boat is next week?

my car has been sat at Emden port for 5 weeks now.
[/QUOTE]
Porsche Mayfair confirmed last week when I chased up my car which has been there since mid-march :(

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
I had an email from my dealer yesterday informing me that ‘the first vessel post COVID-19 will be leaving Emden for Sheerness on 18th June’ and that he hoped (but didn’t know) that my car would be on it. Has anybody else been told a similar story or something contrary about ships leaving Emden for the UK?

I was pretty surprised as mine was originally due in mid March and was told it was due at the dealership ‘imminently’ before lockdown.
Yes, I was told the same by my dealership mate. My Turbo has been parked up at the docks since March. Literally just missed the boat before UK lockdown.

The Malacca Highway in moored up at the Emden Docks, being loaded. Arrives in Sheerness tomorrow 19th June at 9pm - https://www.myshiptracking.com/?mmsi=355351000

Fingers crossed that ours get loaded on !

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
My car is in the UK at last according to Mayfair which is amazing. I was going to hang on until July so I could make a weekend of going to get it but I don't think I can wait any longer!
It's definitely worth the wait! I can't tell you how much pleasure I've had from my 4S even though - with lockdown - its only driven 500 miles so far in 12 weeks!

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
My car took around 7 days from Port to the PDI centre in Reading - then a day to Hatfield and it was with me.

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, I was told the same by my dealership mate. My Turbo has been parked up at the docks since March. Literally just missed the boat before UK lockdown.

The Malacca Highway in moored up at the Emden Docks, being loaded. Arrives in Sheerness tomorrow 19th June at 9pm - https://www.myshiptracking.com/?mmsi=355351000

Fingers crossed that ours get loaded on !
Spoke with my dealership this morning.... sadly my Turbo did not make the manifest to Sheerness. Only 4 of their cars are on the Malacca Highway.

They did inform me that they are "Expecting" more shipments. But sat on the fence and would not commit as to when my Turbo will be sailing to Blighty. :angry:

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Spoke with my dealership this morning.... sadly my Turbo did not make the manifest to Sheerness. Only 4 of their cars are on the Malacca Highway.

They did inform me that they are "Expecting" more shipments. But sat on the fence and would not commit as to when my Turbo will be sailing to Blighty. :angry:
Only one ship / week into Sheerness by the looks of it - so could be a long wait with all the backlog....

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Only one ship / week into Sheerness by the looks of it - so could be a long wait with all the backlog....
@awharton Yep - sadly could be one shipment per week. I ordered mine way back on day 1 of UK launch (6th Sept), have no idea how they prioritise loading.

The Malacca is a VW owned car carrier, so I suppose its a bit of a lucky dip between Porsche, Audi and VW models that get loaded. As each manufacturer scrambles to get their cars to the respective dealerships.

Time to go out into the garden, paint the fence and watch it dry !!

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Oh no - I hope you have managed to take delivery by now. I thought Reading given its also Porsche GB would have the strongest car allocations but think the logic might be flawed :-(

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Mine has arrived at the dealer this morning - will be picking up early next week - at last!
Sponsored