First Name
Teddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 4S, 2024 gts
Country flag
Hello,

After 4 good years with the 4S and 96,000kms (daily driven). Got a sweet deal on a brand new gts 35k (CAD) offf sticker.

Has there been any notable changes from 2020 to 2024? I know 2025 is the refreshed model?
Sponsored

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The two major changes after model year 2020 that immediately come to mind are:
  • Improved high voltage (“traction”) battery design— there is some controversy concerning whether or not the change included improved battery chemistry, apparently due to difficulty translating Porsche’s originally German-language announcements.
  • Availability of 22 kW on-board alternating current charger that additionally provides some hardware that contains a security certificate that enables “plug and charge” at supporting high speed charging stations. 2020 Taycan owners lacking this certificate must spend an extra 20 seconds or so using the app to activate high speed charging.
Both of these features are possible to retrofit to the 2020 Taycan: I had the HV battery replaced under warranty on my 2020 Taycan, and the 22 kW AC charger can be retrofitted for about $6K including labor (and “Porsche tax”).

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
MY2020 did not have Plug & Charge

Payton48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Do you L3 charge and do you see any difference? My '22 RWD is in for service and I currently have a '24 RWD. I've charged several times now at Electrify America and the charging speeds seem significantly higher than what I normally get on my car (with ambient/car temp, SoC, etc. all in mind).