Nalayak

First Name
Twinkal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
So I hear water sloshing around inside the rear trunk lid when I open and close it. Also when opened there is a tiny hole (only on left side) where that water drips out of. Found it very odd and was wonder if this has happened to anyone else?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I have water sloshing around in the tailgate of my CT after heavy rain.
The dealer told me he needs the car for a week to find where the water is coming in, maybe a defective bonding in of the back window. It does slowly drain out maybe only whilst the tailgate was open.

I haven’t taken it in yet.

DavidS78

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Last edited:

OP
OP
Nalayak

Nalayak

First Name
Twinkal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
See my link below. My CT4S will be back to the dealer next week for the third time with the trunk lid refusing to open. The dealer confirmed on the second return that there was evidence of water ingress. The car was delivered new in Jan ‘23. Has anyone else had this occur and more importantly get it resolved fully?

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/trunk-wont-open-im-on-a-role-today.15410/
I found something similar since this summer. I have a CT. After rain / washing I found some water in the trunk. First I thought it was water dripping from the tailgate. After the holidays I took my all weather trunk mat out and it had some condensation underneath at the left side and the trunk liner was a bit wet. Still not convinced it was not water from the tailgate when opening after rain. Two weeks ago a saw some drops of water coming out of one of the fixations points of the parcel shelf. That could only come from inside, impossible from dripping. Looking further I also saw some drops on the top of the left side. It has some openings showing electrical wires. Today I washed my car and the water reappeared. Not much but after a heavy rain enough to leave a wet spot on the liner apparently. Looks like another visit to the dealer.

Ezikiel37

First Name
Ezikiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Wow after Rennsport this past weekend I needed to do a heavy wash (Saturday was raining/muddy) I better check mines out.
Sponsored