What dates will be the allocations in 2022?

pawel

First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Guys.

Ordered 4S in October but unfortunately the dealer had no allocations free. I was told that I will be first in the queue for March or April build. I was told that I will be contacted end of January/ beginning of February for the next steps.
In the meantime I read a lot of topics on this forum, but I don't know when Porsche announces their (I believe) quarterly allocations. Do someone know what are the approximate dates for the allocations to the dealerships?
Sponsored

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The vlogger in this other post did video when Porsche allocations came out in past. They came out in November for 3 months. If true, then next ones would be announced in Feb. Watch video, don't take my word on it. And he is USA based, don't know if true for other countries.

DrLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (one day)
Country flag
The vlogger in this other post did video when Porsche allocations came out in past. They came out in November for 3 months. If true, then next ones would be announced in Feb. Watch video, don't take my word on it. And he is USA based, don't know if true for other countries.
To add to this, allocations being released for the quarter doesn't mean that the car will be manufactured that quarter, to the best of my knowledge. For example, I got on a wait list last spring for a turbo and finally got an allocation in November for a build in April.

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
Pawel,
I placed my order for a 2022 Taycan GTS with our dealer in Dallas in early November, 2021. On December 12, I got a call that the dealer's March allocation included a GTS. I firmed up the order with a $2500.00 deposit that day. In late February I am told that I will lock in the build specifications. Delivery is planned for mid May, 2022. 6 months start to finish seems to be consistent with the experiences of others. Here's my configuration PNSGX3X8.
Good luck with your order and your new 4S

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
Do we know when (and on what basis) allocations will be made available to dealers? Is this a random process?

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I asked the same question of my dealer as I wanted to understand this as well.
I was told that you place the order first and then Porsche looks at it and gives the dealer an allocation sort of like they decide if they want to build this for you or not. There are more allocations for lower trims than for higher trims and shorter times for lower trims than higher trims and the allocations seem to be assigned on a schedule. He showed me ok we are all booked since December now till March when new allocations become open, then May which he said for a Turbo for example it would be a 2023.

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
I asked the same question of my dealer as I wanted to understand this as well.
I was told that you place the order first and then Porsche looks at it and gives the dealer an allocation sort of like they decide if they want to build this for you or not. There are more allocations for lower trims than for higher trims and shorter times for lower trims than higher trims and the allocations seem to be assigned on a schedule. He showed me ok we are all booked since December now till March when new allocations become open, then May which he said for a Turbo for example it would be a 2023.
Thank you, this is helpful. My dealer said that the actual configuration of the vehicle does not matter for the allocation request. I wish there was a little more transparency, just to set expectations. Patience is a virtue.
Sponsored