First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
is that co-pay in the US?
A co-pay in the US is related to our health insurance. As others have stated, deductible is the correct term in the US related to auto insurance. Now you know ;)
Sponsored

jonjon808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Out of interest, did the car also need to go into the dealership to get it recalibrated? Or did auto glass (or whoever) do it? ie did you have to pay anything on top after the install?
I asked whether any re-calibration was needed for a new windscreen, when the car went in for the software recall yesterday....

"as an average you shouldn’t need to calibrate anything, we do say in some cases to have the calibration carried out if there are any abnormalities but if everything is working normally you will be fine".

So no need to recalibrate.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
FWIW, my local windshield shop (Novus) said that a) aftermarket glass is of better quality and b) they/anyone can do calibration. Well worth asking around.

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I went on Safelite online and they quoted a new Windshield that is soundproof for $600 including the calibration.
I doubt the quality will be that different. Also, those people are installing windshields all day long.
It sounded a bit snob to go to Porsche for a new windshield.

Any thoughts?

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Just had mine done a couple months ago. As I recall insurance paid about $2600. Windshield was $1600, rest was labor. Calibration was done at same independent shop.
As for Safelite- its being replaced as their chip repair "failed", or rather they made it even bigger. The glass shop guy said he wouldn't let the Safelite people touch his Honda Civic. They've made 2 chips bigger now for me.

OP
OP
Warrior 6

Warrior 6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2021 Audi E tron
Country flag
My Taycan GTS caught a stone in the windshield two days ago. The rock left a 1 1 /4-1 1/2" chip that was very deep and showed some delamination. Normally I would have a glass company fill the chip but this was much deeper. I took the car to my Porsche Dealer for an estimate and I was prepared for this to be expensive. The estimate was shocking, $4,500. (windshield $2669, install $250, other labor $1392) YIKES! I've asked for a more detailed cost breakout and I will publish that when I get it.
The cost of the replacement was:
-Windshield 901-845-099-AE-NVB. $2669.79
-Remove and install windshield $250.00
-Shop fees $62.37
-Alogn and calibrate camera systems $1624.00
-Tax $163.93

Waiting for insurance to respond to claim. I have $1000 deductible. Update when insurance comes in. The whole job was accomplished perfectly.
Sponsored