Yikes

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
The way I see this is that I expect I'll drive smoother than I currently do. Reasoning being that driving a Taycan is significantly more noticeable than what I currently drive... Imagine driving like a douche with a car that brings attention by itself? That's extra embarrassing. Literally nothing more silly than someone having an expensive car and driving it like an idiot. Taycan is a classy car, I hope we all try to not drive it like a douche. :)

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Well put. I’m driving a BMW now, so that already puts me in the category of jerks driving expensive German cars, referenced in the article. But I’m still a good person, I swear!

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Funny article. here is the negative profile, but if you read to the end you also find:

But he also found people with "conscientious" characters seek out pricey models, too.
"People with this type of personality are, as a rule, respectable, ambitious, reliable and well-organised,"
Besides, I am really careful around pedestrians since if I hit one it is just going to take more money to fix the car. Never worried about that when I drove a beater in college. (the previous statement is a joke and no sjw need to chime in about it. thank you)

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Very funny article and thread. I live in an area with lots of luxury cars. I find that the worst drivers (defined as those who cut people off, tailgate, don't use turn signals, and run stop signs and red lights) are those of cheaper cars (often cars with MSRP much less than $30k USD). Most Porsche drivers that I see on the road here are good drivers; many don't drive that fast, and very few of the ones that do drive fast are dangerous (i.e., I don't see a lot of weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating, and cutting people off). I surmise that most Porsche drivers are really into the driving experience, and they don't want to appear as a jerk (I realize that Mercedes and BMW owners are very different in general). I also notice BEVs a lot in my area (Teslas and Bolts are very common here), and I rarely see a BEV driver who's driving badly.
Sponsored