WPN8 update

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
My car had the WPN8 update this week while in for something else.

I was looking for differences. Not sure if they are new.

One is a suggestion for navigation. The other is showing the route before starting navigation. I don’t know if they are new can’t compare anymore. The second one I didn’t use. Maybe I just found it while searching and it was there all the time.

calculating a route was quick. Adding chargers still took a couple of minutes when 3-5 charge stops are needed.

wonder if someone else found something else or can confirm my findings?

Porsche Taycan WPN8 update IMG_0186

Porsche Taycan WPN8 update IMG_0185

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab, i4
Country flag
If that type of updates require a visit to a Porsche centre, then the state of SW in the OTA for Porsche, is a disaster. I have not seen any updates OTA for about 2 years, I think, if ever??
And there are still some bugs and weird things happening. For the PCM I have given up except for trip Planning, only because of SoC at destination and preheating.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
If that type of updates require a visit to a Porsche centre, then the state of SW in the OTA for Porsche, is a disaster. I have not seen any updates OTA for about 2 years, I think, if ever??
And there are still some bugs and weird things happening. For the PCM I have given up except for trip Planning, only because of SoC at destination and preheating.
That is probably why Cariad has to fire 2000 people and Porsche is going to use Google in the future.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I had my car in for service and they applied the WPN8 update. I asked what it contains and was told it improved the automated parallel parking feature. It was unclear if anything else was added or changed.
I have that option. Will give it a try. Difficult to compare. I only used it once.

Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
Is this the place to suggest software improvements? Short journeys I don’t care but long journeys I would love to have more info on SoC on arrival at charge point.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Is this the place to suggest software improvements? Short journeys I don’t care but long journeys I would love to have more info on SoC on arrival at charge point.
If you tap on the top right of the central screen you get a list of stops and SoC at arrival of each of these stops. It is dynamic and changes with speed, Ac and other settings. It is really accurate. SoC at final destination is shown at the top right of the screen.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I think they can change a lot of things and improve functionality. What would help me a lot is some extra programmable buttons with:
Pre heating on command
And while they are
Boost function
Next and previous track.

Just saw that BMW introduced this on the i5. Preheating with a manual command and boost function with the paddles behind the steering wheel.

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
I think they can change a lot of things and improve functionality. What would help me a lot is some extra programmable buttons with:
Pre heating on command
And while they are
Boost function
Next and previous track.

Just saw that BMW introduced this on the i5. Preheating with a manual command and boost function with the paddles behind the steering wheel.
Programmable buttons for next and previous track are already available. You can configure the buttons with the diamond shaped icon to go to the next or previous track/radio station.

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Programmable buttons for next and previous track are already available. You can configure the buttons with the diamond shaped icon to go to the next or previous track/radio station.
Yes but I use one for my garage door and the other one for parking assistan. I need more buttons.
Sponsored