Gino

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Boxster & 2021 Taycan
Country flag
I just saw an interesting article about the most miles driven per year over a 3 year period. Tesla was roughly 12K and Taycan was 6K.

Article link:
https://www.iseecars.com/most-driven-evs-study

I don't feel so bad now knowing my average is about 5K/year at the most on my Taycan CPO but the Porsche sales manager that had my vehicle for the first 2 years put 30K on it which at 15K/yr is a ton of driving! That's what I used to do in sales, on the road every day during the week and going somewhere every weekend. Guy had to be young & single... I'm getting old so 5K a year driving locally, driving rentals another 10K a year along with 200K miles in a plane.

The last thing I want to do when I get a few rare days at home is to go on long drives...
Sponsored

Krinsky1965

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base, 2015 Porsche 991.1 GTS
Country flag
EVs are not for everyone, I have over 40K in under 2 years on my 2022 Taycan 4 CT and have only purchased one set of brakes (1.5K) and just mounted my 3rd set of tires. I am a little more "frugle" than your average Taycan driver and buy my tires from Ebay @ 9/32s, I find my tires with date codes within the last year, 2 max and under $100.00 each. I recently purchased a "like new" set of rear tires for $170.00 delivered. My largest expense to date the $800.00 4-wheel alignment just completed by my dealer. My office management has installed 4 level 2 chargers, 80% of my charging is done at zero costs with the other 20% from my home at a low cost due to our 7,200k solar panel system. I checked and my costs for driving 40K is just under $3,000.00 or $244.00/month without electricity costs.

My driving also supports the use of an EV, I drive to an office 5 days a week that is 20 miles from home, I am in California and am able to utilize the HOV lane to and from work. The weekends are longer drives, mostly under 50 miles in each direction. Not everyone has a lifestyle that supports the use of an EV but for me, it works (until I sell it and take a bath).

Sace

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tourismo
Country flag
I picked my car up exactly one year ago today. I've done 32kkm (20k miles) and that is about my average for a car. My commute is 110km and I tend to go to the office most days. Other than that we usually use the car for summer vaccation (Roadtrips to Austria, Italy etc.).

I do see a lot of Taycans for sale here in Denmark that has done very few miles compared to mine. But I really enjoy driving it every day.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I have had my Taycan for 2 years, and I have 5.5K miles.

I have had my 911 for 18 years (and it was my daily driver for over a decade), and I have yet to reach 30K miles.

I live in the city. I have few reasons to leave the city apart from trips, in most cases by plane. I occasionally drive to locations that are up to 10 hours of driving (but mostly 5 hours or less), which are the only times I really put miles on the vehicles.

cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 21" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
I do around 40kkm/year. So my Taycan will do significant more kms than comparable EV’s. But don’t really care, I have it to drive it as a daily.

Bit similar as @Sace
That is quite some distance covered in a year. You seem to be on the 21" wheels. How many km's do you get from a set of tyres? Do you replace all four tyres yearly?

Donar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST ‘22 - Polestar 2 Performance '20
Country flag
That is quite some distance covered in a year. You seem to be on the 21" wheels. How many km's do you get from a set of tyres? Do you replace all four tyres yearly?
I only have it for 5 months, so don’t know yet. First service in 3 weeks from now.

paulbroere

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.paulbroere.com
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo, BMW Z4M Roadster
Country flag
Thirst year I drove 40k kms. (That’s approx. 25k miles).
this year will be a little bit less. I’m at 50000km now after 17 months.
It’s my daily driver and I work all across my (little) country.
First set of tires (21”) lasted 40.000km :)
It has had 1 30k service. And it was at the dealer once for 4 days after heating failed.
love driving it!

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Your average consumption in the Taycan is very impressive at 4.1. Are you in a warmer region?
Total is wrong. It’s not 4.1

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Total is wrong. It’s not 4.1
I am suspicious of the summary I get on mine.
It reads out 3.0 m/kWh but looking at individual trips only 1 or 2 have been that high - 2.2 to 2.6 is more normal so it is impossible for the reported consumption to be an average, maybe a "best case trip".

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
EVs are not for everyone, I have over 40K in under 2 years on my 2022 Taycan 4 CT and have only purchased one set of brakes (1.5K) and just mounted my 3rd set of tires.
I thought the brakes were supposed to just about outlast the car given regen etc. Unless you're on the track every weekend?
Sponsored