Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Model Year: As of 2020 up to 2025
Model Line: Taycan (Y1A/Y1B/Y1C)

Concerns: Thermal management control unit (TME)

Cause: Optimized software is available for the thermal management (TME) control unit to increase the
robustness of the electric passenger compartment heater.

Actions:
• Re-program the thermal management (TME) control unit with the latest PIWIS Tester software
release.
• Minimum requirement: Release 42.500.000

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2024/MC-10251145-0001.pdf
Edit - added: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2024/MC-10251446-0001.pdf
Edit - added revised TSB: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2024/MC-10252437-0001.pdf
Sponsored

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I had this as a recall yesterday and the day before.
Replacing the hardware was also on the work list.

iamai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS
Country flag
my '21 Turbo S had this exact procedure done today 3/15/24 because i complained that i had to set the temp to 77 to feel any sort of warm air, which was unlike all the other EVs i owned in the past.
But when i asked if this procedure will affect the Heater Replacement Campaign, i was told that it is a separate thing and might still happen to me.

anonymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
Country flag
Woohoo! They found a software fix to a hardware problem.
what annoys me is that they don’t do anything by remote software update. Tesla find and fix issues every day and push those out as updates for the global fleet. Porsche instead tell us to drive an hour to the dealer, who says “We will need your car overnight in case the update fails”. It’s still 1980 in Porsche land.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab, i4
Country flag
what annoys me is that they don’t do anything by remote software update. Tesla find and fix issues every day and push those out as updates for the global fleet. Porsche instead tell us to drive an hour to the dealer, who says “We will need your car overnight in case the update fails”. It’s still 1980 in Porsche land.
Agree, Porsche is completely lost in the Connected car space. Just now looking at a BMW I series and the functionality of the car and app, puts Porsche to shame. It’s not comparable at all.

No wonder there are so many Porsche Taycan being returned around here where I live. The car is not living Up to the promises. I have never had a car that needs to visit the service department as much as this Turbo. Not even my Aston has done 20% of the service visits and that includes yearly oil change. Always been ready in a day or two. Except when upgrading and tuning.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
My car has been in once in 1 year/20k+ miles, for a recall. I asked if they could do it remotely, but they insisted that the car had to be present for the battery pressure test. 🤷🏻‍♂️

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I am lucky it seems.
The Taycan is the first car in 50 years I have owned that had anything on it other than the Sat Nav map that even could be updated.

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
what annoys me is that they don’t do anything by remote software update
If you read the service bulletin, there are big flashing warnings about how the control units can be bricked if the voltage deviates from a fairly strict range during reprogramming. I would expect that is why it needs to be done under controlled conditions.

I just had this campaign done while my AC charger was being replaced.
Sponsored