TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hey guys- My car is giving me a ‘charging not possible’ error message when I try to charge it. Anybody experienced this before, have any ideas? I do not have enough charge to get to a dealer. It’s pretty hot here today, could that affect it and any chance once it cools down it might work? I’ve tried two different chargers and they were the same.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TriTaycan

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Small update … I found a message that says ‘[Right or Left] charging port impaired’ depending on which side I’m using. I’ve actually never used the left charging port before just now, so doubtful the ports would be damaged.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey guys- My car is giving me a ‘charging not possible’ error message when I try to charge it. Anybody experienced this before, have any ideas? I do not have enough charge to get to a dealer. It’s pretty hot here today, could that affect it and any chance once it cools down it might work? I’ve tried two different chargers and they were the same.
The most visited thread on this topic is https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...ght-charging-port-impaired-error-message.3854

OP
OP
TriTaycan

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks for the link. Seems like this is common. In my case both doors function as normal, and neither side charges. I’ve tried leaving the car, but no joy. Any way for me to reset these faults myself? I really don’t want to have the car towed for this, but the nearest dealer is ~75mi away and I’m at 25%.

OP
OP
TriTaycan

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Maybe if I use the tool to manually open the port door, even though the door works? The tool is in the trunk?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I had this issue which led to replacing the AC charge port. Both sides are linked hence why neither will charge.

Charger is built into the car remember - your wall box / EVSE is not a charger - so trying different AC charging points won't make a difference.

Don't fiddle withe the charge port doors as they are both working - message relates to impaired port and not doors. Doing this will give you a further problem.

OP
OP
TriTaycan

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had this issue which led to replacing the AC charge port. Both sides are linked hence why neither will charge.

Charger is built into the car remember - your wall box / EVSE is not a charger - so trying different AC charging points won't make a difference.

Don't fiddle withe the charge port doors as they are both working - message relates to impaired port and not doors. Doing this will give you a further problem.
Thanks for the post … I just had Porsche tow the car. I have a very angry wife as I’m waylaid at our weekend home and someone has to come get me. I know many people here love their car, but honestly it’s been a huge disappointment to me.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for the post … I just had Porsche tow the car. I have a very angry wife as I’m waylaid at our weekend home and someone has to come get me. I know many people here love their car, but honestly it’s been a huge disappointment to me.
Feel your pain. My first few months of ownership weren't perfect by any means and definitely the most problematic Porsche I've owned and not one I expected to be a test guinea pig for.

Stick with it as it is a remarkable car.
Sponsored