johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Hi, I took my car into service for a minor rattle they needed to adjust, and they let me know an update is available for my car (22 GTS). They stated that it will be in service for two full weeks to complete the update. They say it takes a full day to install, but because of the queue it needs to basically sit outside at the dealer waiting for it to be applied. I asked, the point of scheduling an appointment is so that you know when to expect to service the car, right? And their answer was, they cannot put me in the queue unless my car is physically there. This makes absolutely no sense to me, because they confirmed they won’t start working on it until the day before I picked it up. Has anyone else experienced this with their dealer?
Sponsored

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
Some of the updates need parts so if you came in for a rattle and now they need to do the updates but don’t have the parts, then I could see it taking two weeks. Plus I know one of the updates I had, they needed to drain the battery for it and that takes time. Did they give you a loaner?

OP
OP

johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
They gave me a loaner, but still, that’s a pretty ridiculous turn around time for a software update.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
... they cannot put me in the queue unless my car is physically there.
What a load of caca. Where's my shovel...

I've never heard a service department say this. Especially when Porsche touts making appointments online weeks in advance. Talk to another service advisor to see if you get the same story. If you do, talk to the manager and inform him/her that that's not how many other Porsche dealerships handle appointments for the convenience of their customers.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I am pretty sure someone else on here had a similar issue with their dealer for uPdate.
Also pretty certain it was in the US??

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
They gave me a loaner, but still, that’s a pretty ridiculous turn around time for a software update.
Sorry this isn't 100% on topic but what loaner did they give you? Another Taycan?

OP
OP

johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
They gave me a Ceyenne. They really only have those and Macans as loaners, so they’re trying to find the cheapest Porsche to give.
Sponsored