Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Anyone else having prolonged issues with not being able to get a connection to porsche connect (caveats its been good with no issues for more than a year). Mine has been in the same status for more than two weeks with the server not able to connect to phone or car so no update. I was at the dealer and they had no idea they just said it's a hit or miss with the Porsche server these days!! Odd resolution...just hope for the best when it will come back online!
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
No idea if Connect users are experiencing the same or similar issues but the MyPorsche app has had no interruptions with service over this same time (in my area at least).

With the upgrades ongoing to the latter (recently to ver. 2) and continuing integration of the functionality std. in Connect being migrated to MyPorsche, it might simply be that Connect issues are not being handled as efficiently as in the past as it will eventually be discarded.

Obvious suggestion might be to delete Connect and install MyPorsche and see if you can make a connection to the server - you can always revert if not.

OP
OP

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Thank you ciaranob, I deleted and reinstalled the connect app and I also installed it on another phone as well, both with no joy. Same information showing from 2 weeks ago on the new MyPorsche app. I guess it's wait and hope connection resumes at some point!

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carerra 4 GTS, GT4RS
Country flag
Periodic outages are unfortunately typical.
Two weeks is excessive.
Does your vehicle have a LTE connection?

OP
OP

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I do have LTE connection and Apple Car play works too. I deleted Porsche connect from my phone and loaded My Porsche but I get this error response even though I have inactivated privacy in the PCM and I also logged in without code.

Remote access authorization

Primary user
remote access authorization is required to use vehicle-related services
Grant remote access authorization in the PCM depending on your vehicle
Enter you pairing code 90969572. "SET"> "Porsche Connect"

I don't believe the above applies to our vehicle? Any thoughts?

tcara

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Having the same issues here. This is the longest I have seen with no connection. Most of the time is a day or 2 but like yourself heading into week 2

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carerra 4 GTS, GT4RS
Country flag
Primary user
remote access authorization is required to use vehicle-related services
Grant remote access authorization in the PCM depending on your vehicle
Enter you pairing code 90969572. "SET"> "Porsche Connect"

I don't recall having to pair to Porsche Connect - however I am still using the "old" App.
Maybe someone who has successfully paired with the new My Porsche app can comment

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't recall having to pair to Porsche Connect - however I am still using the "old" App.
Maybe someone who has successfully paired with the new My Porsche app can comment
Yeah odd - I wonder if this step is just (not directly related) bluetooth pairing of the phone to the car?

OP
OP

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
So neither the connect nor the My Porsche app are able to connect. I think this is a issue at the server level rather anything with the car or my phone. The odd thing is why is it affected few people. You would think it’s impact all or none rather than being selective!

Thorgal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90T8 - Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
No connection here since December 18th.
I contacted Porsche connect over this issue, they couldn’t “see” the car either so they said to go to the dealer. It’s not always the server side so it seems.
To make a long story short: the dealer has to and tried to reboot the communications module. In my case they failed and the car has to go in for a week at the end of the month to fix the issue and possibly replace the module.

OP
OP

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I am baffled how this occurs sporadically! Funny thing the date you quote for the app not working coincidentally was the same with me Dec18. I am wondering how much of a coincidence that really is?

Thorgal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90T8 - Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I am baffled how this occurs sporadically! Funny thing the date you quote for the app not working coincidentally was the same with me Dec18. I am wondering how much of a coincidence that really is?
Now that is strange indeed

AntBW

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have the same ongoing issue, I've been unable to connect to the car since November 13th. Been working with Porsche Connect since then with much back and forth and no fix yet, they even had me take the car into the dealership to check for system errors and system reboot - no luck. Tried downloading the new MyPorsche app, doesn't help. Waiting on Porsche Connect to come back with the next possible solution. Something else funny I notice is that when I'm in the car and my phone is connected to the Taycan network I'm unable to get internet access. Does anyone else notice that? I presume it's related.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the same ongoing issue, I've been unable to connect to the car since November 13th. Been working with Porsche Connect since then with much back and forth and no fix yet, they even had me take the car into the dealership to check for system errors and system reboot - no luck. Tried downloading the new MyPorsche app, doesn't help. Waiting on Porsche Connect to come back with the next possible solution. Something else funny I notice is that when I'm in the car and my phone is connected to the Taycan network I'm unable to get internet access. Does anyone else notice that? I presume it's related.
Man this sure sounds like a bad comm box?

BTW, in respect which app to use - official notice to stop using the old apps as all are now consolidated into MyPorsche (despite it being not quite 100%)!

Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect NO connection for 2 weeks+ Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.12.51 PM
Sponsored

Last edited: